Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

It's all getting on top of me

(6 Posts)
MrsDoolittle Mon 25-Jul-05 15:46:00

Last night I couldn't sleep. Finally at 3am I got up and puked my guts out for what felt like 5 minutes.
I felt better going back to bed and I slept but today I have felt awful
I'm 10 weeks pregnant, apart from a little nausea I have been fine.
However, I have soooo much work to do, I have a proposal to do by the end of the week and NOTHING IS HAPPENING. I have a 15,000 word thesis to write before January and I haven't even got ethics approval. I can't seem to force myself.
I feel tired and depressed, I've got so much to do before I go on holiday next month and I feel totally useless.
I feel like I have landed myself with too much to do before I go on maternity but I can't moan because it was me who pushed to get pregnant, dh was a little more wary.
Now I feel I've got myself into an awful mess and I can't see a way out.

Dd is 15 months and absolutely gorgeous, so I find myslef just playing with her to avoid everything else.

Mum2girls Mon 25-Jul-05 15:50:41

Prioritise. Often stuff builds up and appears overwhelming, when sometimes it's actually not that bad.

First list out everything that you want done.

Then work out what has to be done and what can be deferred.

For the has to be done list, work out do-able timescales for them and who needs to do them (presumably your dp/dh could do some of the holiday prep for example.

Last of all, try not to stress about it - a missed thesis is not good, but no-one will die.

Mum2girls Mon 25-Jul-05 15:52:10

Oh and you are looking after your DD2, giving a warm comfy home to your bump and working - so you are definitely not useless.

ameli Mon 25-Jul-05 16:16:11

hi,

firstly , you are not useless and the way youre feeling os perfectly normal. Its just anxiety, any one in your position would feel overwhelmed. take evereything thats bothering you one step at a a time and remember, you are not superhuman. Do nt be afraid to ask for help and remember that you are not alone. I studid for my exams with a five month old, i know its not easy and a t times can test you to your limits. Fear of failiure is probably worse than actually failing , dont give up....

ameli Mon 25-Jul-05 16:17:22

hi,

firstly , you are not useless and the way youre feeling os perfectly normal. Its just anxiety, any one in your position would feel overwhelmed. take evereything thats bothering you one step at a a time and remember, you are not superhuman. Do nt be afraid to ask for help and remember that you are not alone. I studid for my exams with a five month old, i know its not easy and a t times can test you to your limits. Fear of failiure is probably worse than actually failing , dont give up....

ameli Mon 25-Jul-05 16:17:38

hi,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now