Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feeling low

(11 Posts)
puddytats Fri 08-Jul-05 20:59:12

Well just finished my first shift at Tesco and dh has just gone to do his first one.

I should be feeling good that at least one thing is working out for us but all that i can think is that in a few months there is a strong chance we will be seperated for something we have not done. DH will miss so muchof the childrens development and dd might not even remember who he is. How do I explain to ds that his daddy is in prison? How do I get through it all on my own, I somstimes struggle to find the strength to continue now when we are sill together, how will I cope when I am on my own?

How can I be so selfish, it is dh facing prison, not me, but all I can think about is how I will get throug the next couple of years.

What if the truth is never found out. How do you live with not knowing why someone has done this to us, what have we done to deserve such tratment? Why would anyone want to punish 2 innocent children?

Less than 2 months ago life was good. We have worked hard for everything we have, never been out of work, made our own way, earned everything, planned everything. Now it is being ripped apart and we did not start it and we have no control over it.

If you have got to this point thankyou for reading.

starlover Fri 08-Jul-05 21:02:09

oh puddytats... i know it's difficult.. impossible sometimes but you just have to be strong and cling on to the hope that justice WILL BE DONE!

they will find out who did this. last time you posted you thought you had some leads.... it'll turn out fine... really

puddytats Fri 08-Jul-05 21:08:29

dh has his appeal at work on 18th July. Seems like such a forgone conclusion at the moment. Whoever has done this has set us up so well somethings it feels like there i no way out.

berolina Fri 08-Jul-05 21:20:44

puddytats, your horrible situation is on my mind so much.
starlover is right, they will find out who did this. and then they will have to answer not just for the fraud, but for what they have done to you.
there are people thinking of you and who believe in you.
feel wretchedly helpless... want to make it all better for you.
you are not selfish! of course you are both scared.

puddytats Fri 08-Jul-05 21:39:35

Ds has not slept a night thro since it all began. Would like to think it just a coincidence but he has always been such a good sleeper. Just had to go up to him again and he has only been in bed a couple of hours.

Trying so hard to make things normal for them but they are not, daddy should be at work during the day. Mummy has never been away so often. Not only is he having to cope with a new sister but all this as well. He is such a little star and tat makes it so much worse cause it should not be touching his life.

DD has entered the world to all this, we cannot give her the full attention deserves because other tings have to be done.

Life is so unfair

Puff Fri 08-Jul-05 21:42:47

Puddytats, I have been thinking of you often, since you first posted about the awful situation you are in.

Wishing you lots of luck and strength in the weeks ahead.

Puff xx

emzy Sat 09-Jul-05 15:58:08

sorry i mive miissed whats happened,what has your husband been accused of?i had a situation 5yrs ago where iwas accused of something i hadnt done,it went on for 2 ys and i agree it was aliving hell,luckily i had excellent lawyers and won-that didnt make up for all the anguish.I totally empathise with what your going through.psare you getting legal aid or financing it yourselves.

berolina Sat 09-Jul-05 16:23:20

how are you all today pt?

puddytats Sun 10-Jul-05 21:21:58

Still feeling helpless but trying to keep a fairly upbeat attitude. Not always easy tho!

Just want to go into a room as scream and scream until nothing can come out. Have to be so strong for dh and children all the time and all I want to do is run into a room and hide

berolina Sun 10-Jul-05 22:33:47

oh pt, I know (well, I don't really, but YKWIM) - it must be so, so hard.
I wish I could make it more bearable somehow. But of course I can't.
Yours is one of the horrible situations I read about on MN that have really stuck in my mind.
Don't know if you're religious and how you feel about it - but am praying that the truth comes out and it all works out for you.

emzy Mon 11-Jul-05 01:44:48

Hi ,ive just found your other threads and totally empathise with you,there is one thing youve forgotten though-it aint over till its over.This is a fight!I dont know whether your dh case has become criminal proceedings or not,but your talking about him going to prison,this is extremely unlikely-in this country a judge or jury has to PROVE someone guilty;the defence on the other hand has to provide questionable doubt.If it has reached a criminal stage(or even if it hasnt)my practical advice is to every day keep reading through any affidavits,evidence,etc that you have,and you should be allowed access by law,keep reading and reading -that way you will find answers yourselves or if going to court be prepared in advance for prosecution questions.I know it sounds stupid but by going over and over it you regain some control.Keep strong ,you love each other and the children-this is your fight and you will have your day.Thinking of you -i know youll triumph

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now