Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Having a wobble!

(5 Posts)
monkeytrousers Thu 07-Jul-05 09:19:31

I feel like a bit of a fake posting on this board. I'm not feeling too bad just a bit fed up. I'm on ad's at the mo for PND and they're working fine, but dp has gone away for the 1st time since ds was born and I cant get out cos I hurt my back picking ds and am on very strong painkillers. I think they're also making me feel a bit spaced, which was great at first but now I feel like I'm banging off the walls.

I forgot this board was here and think I've been posting inappropriate winges eleswhere. I may add that I'm feeling a litle paranoid! Or is this just the feeling of MN deprivation? I haven't been able to browse as much these last few days...or when I have no one else has been around...Hmmmm

monkeytrousers Thu 07-Jul-05 09:22:52

I'm just a shameless attention seeker!

PiccadillyCircus Thu 07-Jul-05 09:25:50

Can I join you in your wobble? I've been on ADs since March and generally things are lots better but in the past week or so I've been feeling bursts of being down.

Not sure whether this is also related to being nearly 30 weeks pregnant and knowing that nothing is ready for this baby or just a general blurgh feeling.

I am making a big effort and DH is very supportive but I am still feeling not really myself.

monkeytrousers Thu 07-Jul-05 09:55:34

Pile in! Blurghhhhh!!

monkeytrousers Thu 07-Jul-05 10:57:58

DS has just gone down for a nap so I can have a 'wobbly' as they say in these parts!

It must be terribly hard for you being pregnant and depressed. You still have 10 weeks left though so try to do a little thing every day - they soon mount up.

The thing I really hate about depression (and forgive me if this comes across as insensitive) is the tendency it gives to narcissism. As soon as it raises it's ugly head it demands your attention and becomes the centre of everything, why am I feeling like this, how do I get better, and it all leads down a vicious circle of self pity. That’s the most pernicious symptom of all IMO. My poor dp, I love him to bits and he's under strict instructions not to indulge me in any irrational attention seeking. (So I come on MN instead!! hahahaha!! <maniacal grin emoticon>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now