Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

My mum has messed me around again!!! sorry long

(4 Posts)
vickiyumyum Sun 26-Jun-05 20:21:44

My mum has done it to me again!! i have never really got on with my mum, but for the sake of my 2 ds i have been trying very hard the last 7 years to let the past be forgotton and get on with her. even though at every oppurtunity she has, she puts me and my dh down, e'g you can't afford that, why have you spent that much on that, why can't you just.... etc etc.
anyway, last sunday someone reversed into my car in b&q car park and my car is being written off by the insurance company, so i need to buy a new car. the problem being, because i am a studen i can't get finance and had asked my dad to gurantee car finance for me, to which he had agreed, my mum who has an even older and crappier car than the one that is being written off, went out this weekend and brought a new car! the very one that i had shown her that i was buying and to top it off got my dad to gurantee her loan as hes is a housewife and doesn't have an income.
he now can't gurantee my loan and my mum has said oh well you can have my car!!!
i know it sounds like i'm being selfish but it really is the last straw in a long line of things that have been going on in the last few years, i'm absolutley distraught but my dh justsays i told you so!
i obviously don't really expect any advice justw anted to rant and be reassured that i'm not over reacting!

kid Sun 26-Jun-05 20:30:21

doesn't sound very fair of your mum to deliberatly do that to you. Your dad should have let you know what she was intending (if possible)
You could always look on the bright side that you won't have a loan to pay back and the insurance will be cheap?

vickiyumyum Sun 26-Jun-05 20:45:39

we were away for the weekend so no way of letting us know and i think from what i can make out my mummade out they were going to look at cars and when she got there put pressure on him to buy one and may dad being my dad gave in!

its hard to look on bright side at the moment as our holiday will be messed up by this too. we have booked 2 weeks in Looe, cornwall at great expense, expecting to have our estate car, which we now won't have and my mums car is too small for the holiday. and to be perfectly honest i wouldn't be seen dead in it!

vickiyumyum Sun 26-Jun-05 20:59:33

i have ahistory of ante natal and post natal depression and i can feel it all coming back! i think that this is the thing i am most worried about as i don't want to go back on anti depressants!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now