Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Looks like it wont happen :(

(5 Posts)
charleepeters Thu 23-Jun-05 22:09:11

As you all know DP has been offered a job by his father at his company it would mean alot more money that we earn now which would be a god send as we are having money troubles - however the origional plan was for the company to put us on a relocation plan and find us a place to rent at a reduced rate untill we got regular money coming in.

but now it seems if he wants the job we have to find our own place in Surrey near Mitcham possibly Epsom but after looking at the propertys to rent for a 2 bed flat/house what we need the monthly rent would be about £750 a month plus council tax/ and hosehold bills and although FIL is willing to pay the deposit and first months rent we wont beable to afford it so im really bummed as i know theres not a good chance of it happening now so we have to be stuck with our money troubles in our tiny flat.

charleepeters Thu 23-Jun-05 22:17:55

life can be so unfair at times! nothing is ever simple!

lucy5 Thu 23-Jun-05 22:27:12

i'm sorry but keep your chin up, there is always a way round things. You just sometimes have to look at them from a different angle.

charleepeters Thu 23-Jun-05 22:27:56

cheers lucy - its looking bleak at the moment it just seems you find a way forward in life then a brick wall trapps you where you are!

lucy5 Thu 23-Jun-05 22:37:59

I know the feeling. we moved to spain 18 months ago and it took dh 15 months to find a job. We were on the verge of having to think about going back to uk which neither of us wanted to do and a job came up. Im a grat believer in fate and I think that if something is meant to be, a way is often found. What about those schemes where you can partially buy your flat with a housing association.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now