Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

shoved from pillar to post

(7 Posts)
Titania Mon 20-Jun-05 13:58:42

Had a CPN come out to me this morning for the first time. She was here from 9.30 til 10.45. She was very nice. A bit strict sounding but ok. Anyway, all through that time she made lots of notes, asked me lots of questions and totally drained me.

So then I went to get dd from nursery.

Got back.....phone rang.......was CPN saying that she was writing my asessment up adn sending a copy to my gp....ok....

then a woman from homestart rang 5 minutes later. She wants to come and see me....apparently there is a homestart group on tuesday mornings and wanted me to go tomorrow. I told her that I wasn't really up to that. She said ok and that she would come on her way back from group but that would mean cancelling my counselling. So shes coming on wednesday at 12.

Then I had another phone call from CPN saying that the best course of action would be CBT. I told her I had been referred and sent the asessment forms back but got a letter this morning saying that they recieved nothing from me so are taking me off the list.....she said to ring them again

So I rang them.......then after half an hour of explaining to the woman what was going on she said that the CBT bloke wasn't in and would get him to ring me back.......AAARGH....FFS!!!

But now the CPN says that there is nothing more that she can do for me and won't be coming again.....that I need specific counselling....

Just got off the phone to DH....am in tears now about everything....
Feel like I've been shoved around everywhere.... Am feeling a bit down now.....why can nothing just be easy??

WigWamBam Mon 20-Jun-05 14:13:36

I know it's hard, but look at the positives. You are going to be seeing someone from Homestart, which could make a terrific difference to you, and someone is going to call you back about the CBT - the specific counselling that the CPN knows you need - which could also make a terrific difference.

If the CPN is out of her depth, then it's best that you don't see her anymore; if she can't help you then put your energies into making sure that you see someone (the CBT therapist) who can.

Titania Mon 20-Jun-05 15:44:13

yes i suppose so. just i have spent all my life being shoved from here to there and this time doesnt seem much different

jangly Mon 20-Jun-05 16:11:44

So, the cpn was there all that time, and just came up with something that you had already been prescribed by your doc?
You know that old song, "It all makes work for the working man to do"...
Oh well, at least you're getting the CBT. That's one good thing. Hope it goes well for you.

Titania Mon 20-Jun-05 20:06:41

yes i couldnt believe it. i thought that today would be the start of things getting better...not being shoved to someone else.....

Sax Mon 20-Jun-05 20:38:02

Its not going to be easy seeing all these people but at least you will in the end find someone to confide in - it has to be the right person to give you the right advice don't you think. Stay strong and this is still the beginning of the positive start - I know I haven't spoken to you before but I have read some of your threads so I hope you don't mind me intruding on here. I hope although you feel drained talking today after all your questions that in the end you find the right person to help you through your difficult time.

Titania Tue 21-Jun-05 19:12:03

not seeing my counsellor now for over a month. shes thinks there is no point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now