Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

The hospital Doctor showed me all the side effects of my AD's and said 3 months without seeing my GP is too long

(4 Posts)
FabIsJustSoBusy Wed 11-Nov-09 19:33:17

and I should see him asap to talk about things because of the side effects. She gave me what felt like a pitying look when I said I thought I was shattered due to having 3 under 8's to look after and just assumed that was why I feel spaced out most of the time.

I need the Ad's so what am I supposed to do?

FabIsJustSoBusy Thu 12-Nov-09 09:36:40

Anyone have any thoughts?

piratecat Thu 12-Nov-09 09:40:15

go back to dr and say about how you think they are affecting you.

I was on seroxat for 2 yrs and they ruined my life, confidence, everything. I moved house and had a new gp, who was horrified I'd been on them so long, and that my other gp hadn't really reviewed me.

i cahnged tabs and had no side effects, i changed to prozac, which worked for me. This was about 20 yrs ago now.

FabIsJustSoBusy Thu 12-Nov-09 09:54:07

Looking closely at the side effects I do have quite a lot of them but it is just part of the deal with taking AD's and tbh I had no option with how bad I am without the tablets. Having said that I hadn't realised I am usually away with the fairies more because of the tablets rather than just being me. I did tell the doctor I was permanently tired but he just put that down to having young children.

These tablets work for me in terms of depression but maybe the side effects are too much now.

I have been on AD's this time for nearly 3 1/2 years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now