Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

So fed up of being unable to make desicions peoperly

(8 Posts)
nutcracker Wed 15-Jun-05 11:16:00

Just plain fed up and peed off with my total inability to organise my life.

I have a place on an access course starting september, 1 day a week over 2 years.
However I am not 100% sure that it's what I want to do now. I keep chopping and changing my mind and am worried I will start and drop out again.

Have considered other courses but can't decide about them either.

Have also considered not going to college at all and getting a full time job as am sick of never having any money, but all the jobs i like want experiance that i don't have or qualifications that i don't have.

If it was someone else i'd probably tell them to stop arsing about and make their bloody mind up, so why can't I ?

Argggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

snafu Wed 15-Jun-05 11:20:07

You can't see the wood for the trees, can you, Nutty? Or maybe that should be you can't see the right path through the wood

Would it help to make a big list of 'pros and cons'? This often helps for me when I am tying myself up in knots about something.

What other courses have you been looking at then?

nutcracker Wed 15-Jun-05 11:24:40

Thats exactly it snafu, couldn't have put it better myself.

Have been considering a childcare course but it is full time for 2 years. Pros of it are that when finnished, Ds would be starting school and i could go straight into a job.
Cons are that I go from ds being with me all day every day to seeing him after college and at weekends. Don't know how either of us would cope with that really.

Also looked at a travel course, i day a week for a year, but am not sure about it.

I know no one can tell me what to do , but i almost wish someone would just ring and say 'right nutty, you are enrolling on such and such a course and thats that'

I had the same prob when i left school, and made myself quite ill worrying about it then.

Furball Wed 15-Jun-05 11:26:03

Whats wrong with starting, then dropping out? If it's not the course you thought it was, why waste everybodies time. I don't think that it's a problem. I started a course 2 afternoons a week four months ago, originally the class size was 10, we are now down to 3 (including me!) and another girl seems to turn up as and when. You never know you may love it.

nutcracker Wed 15-Jun-05 11:33:33

I have started it once before and dropped out, mainly because of probs at home though.

snafu Wed 15-Jun-05 11:36:06

My gut reaction would be that unless you are absolutely passionate about the childcare course, then 2 years full-time away from ds is probably not the right choice. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, btw! My 3 year full-time course starts in Sept and I've been an SAHM since ds was born and I am already dreading being away from him so much - it's going to be a wrench. BUT, I am also really, really passionate about the course and totally sure it's the right thing in the long run, so it's worth it (well, god, I hope it will be!).

If I had to tell you to do anything it would be to do the access course. It's just one day a week. You can start it and see how it pans out. You may even feel after a while that you're coping well enough with the workload to get a part-time job for a few hours a week. Sometimes working breeds working iyswim - you might feel more motivated! Does that make any sense?

nutcracker Wed 15-Jun-05 11:42:03

Yep makes perfect sense

I have got to go to the college nursery open day at the end of june to claim ds's place so i have to decide before then.

Am just worried i'' make the wrong desicion i think.

snafu Wed 15-Jun-05 11:53:57

Totally understandable. Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually in a bit of denial about how hard all this is going to be come Sept. But, in the end it was a case of 'I have to move my life forward somehow' - you stagnate otherwise and it just gets harder and harder to do anything.

Loads and loads of luck. I'm sure if you bite the bullet it will turn out to be the right thing. And what's the worst that could happen?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now