Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

easily cry about sad things since DS birth, 2yrs on

(4 Posts)
rabbit54 Tue 27-Oct-09 21:27:35

I was in a cafe for lunch today and glanced at article in paper on baby P case and had to quickly turn the page. Then another article about starving people made me nearly cry again. If I see someone do something community spirited i shed a tear. I had to rush past a dead bird on side of road the other day because it is too upsetting. I was never like this before the birth of my son. In fact I was a little too cold hearted about these matters. Why has this happened? When my DS was born I cried every day often. I then continued to cry easily at things such as written above for 9 months after the birth. Horrible things about children are the things that set me off the most. The other thing, i dont know if its connected is that I had for awhile a thing whereby i would have images of throwing my son down the stairs in a split second as i walked past stairs which would slightly scare me even though i knew i would never do it. I have found having a child fantastic, amazing, and i have a great DP and easy life. The horrible imagery happening to my DS slowly diminished over the months.

IControlSandwichMonkey Tue 27-Oct-09 21:29:44

smile Normal. All of it.

rabbit54 Tue 27-Oct-09 21:31:07

Thanks. Relief.

PoisonToadstool Tue 27-Oct-09 21:33:35

Definitely normal. I had to pull over a few weeks ago because I thought I'd ran over a frog. I was distraught at the idea of killing this poor froggy all because he was tiny and I couldn't see him on the wet surface until it was too late.

I'd missed him, thank goodness.

I also imagined dropping DS over the bannister, maybe visualising our fears?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now