Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

PND, job interview, can't stop crying!

(10 Posts)
christiana Wed 21-Oct-09 11:07:51

Message withdrawn

christiana Wed 21-Oct-09 14:34:27

Message withdrawn

smee Wed 21-Oct-09 15:58:56

Poor, poor you. Are you sure you want to go back to work? I mean does it really matter if you just don't go to the interview? If not, then give yourself a break, have a cup of tea and several biscuits with the kids and be kind to yourself. If you really do need the job, then give yourself an hour to prepare, and no more then draw a line under it until the morning. Either way tell your DH that you're on the edge a bit, insist that this weekend you need at least a morning to yourself - even if you just go for a long walk or an indulgent stay in a cafe you need some headspace. + yes make an appointment to see your GP - even if it's not until next week it's a start of a way through. We've all been there and those can't sleep nights are sanity bending. sad

ThingumyandBob Wed 21-Oct-09 17:18:49

No no, you are not garbling, I do agree with smee though and if you want to go ahead with the interview then set an hour’s pre max, and stick to it then move on and relax. If you really feel that you won’t do your best tomorrow then you have 2 options, go and ‘wing it’, or you really feel you can’t do what you need too then cancel and don’t feel bad about it, you could extend the truth if you have to if you are worried about sounding flakey…

If you think you have got PND could it be worth calling your health visitor? It saves you having to get into the doctors….I had PND and my HV came out to me, she was very good and referred me, plus she got me a doctor’s appointment quicker. It was all a bit grim for a while (I felt crap being told that I had it, but at least then I could move along and get better).

Good luck and don’t stressed if you have to cancel….good luck if you do go.

christiana Wed 21-Oct-09 22:49:26

Message withdrawn

smee Thu 22-Oct-09 13:19:37

How'd it go then? Are you eating biscuits.. ? Hope so, if only to celebrate you got through it okay. Let us know.

christiana Fri 23-Oct-09 06:18:30

Message withdrawn

smee Sat 24-Oct-09 12:49:25

You need more wine than that christiana grin, but HOORAY FOR YOU!! That's brilliant. Even if you don't get/ want the job, you obviously did well. Hope you got some wisdom from the Doctor? Seriously though, get your DH to have the kids and give you a break regularly at the weekend. We all have breakfast together, then DH lets me sneak off for a few hours - I usually do some work, but it doesn't matter as somehow just knowing U have a few hours all to myself makes a huge difference. Hope life gets better soon.

christiana Sat 24-Oct-09 22:55:48

Message withdrawn

smee Mon 26-Oct-09 10:35:53

Tell DH you insist. He gets time at work - doesn't matter that he thinks he's working hard, it's not the same - even just the journey to work and back is time for him. Having a couple of regular hours a week for you will really, really help I promise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now