Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Just had a form in from Occupational Health can anyone help?

(7 Posts)
Limara Wed 14-Oct-09 17:22:46

Hi, just been offered a fab job in a school. Occupational Health has sent me a questionaire but I'm concerned questions will be raised when I disclose I'm taking 20mg Fluoxetine a day? Does anyone know how occupational health stand on such an issue? Background: Sept 08 Feeling weepy and miserable and hadn't felt 100% for about a yr. For the last year feeling amazing and life has been fab!

Limara Wed 14-Oct-09 17:31:53

Bumpety

Reallytired Wed 14-Oct-09 18:07:26

You need to answer the questions honestly. They cannot deny you the job just because you are taking anti depressants. If you are at all concerned then take the form to your GP and ask his/her advice.

An occupational theraphist might phone you to ask you a few questions, but unless you are under section then I doult they will refuse you the job.

scottishmummy Wed 14-Oct-09 18:20:04

be truthful if you aren't they can withdraw post or it is is potential disciplinary offence.

they really just want to assess suitability for post. someone might call or query further.wont be an occupational therapist, will be occupational health nurse.

TotalChaos Wed 14-Oct-09 18:22:16

I had to disclose similar when applying for NHS job - occupational health didn't turn a hair or ask for further info. I'd be honest in a brief sort of way.

Limara Wed 14-Oct-09 19:32:55

Thanks guys, I intended to disclose anyway but was just a little concerned they might be concerned. TBH i've never felt better<<slightly worrying>>>smile

Orimental Thu 15-Oct-09 00:31:29

Reallytired is correct. If you do not disclose it and they later find out after offering you the post, they can withdraw the post and dismiss you with immediate effect.

Disclosing it cannot affect your chances of getting the job. The only time Occy Health can recommend you are not suitable for a job should be related to physical issues if the MH issue has been addressed.

If you have been offered the job they cannot retract it from what you have posted - you could legally have them for that if they did, I am sure! At the most, they would ask you to see their own Doctor who would pass you as fit if you are feeling great grin

Go for it and well done on the job!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now