Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

No confidence.What am I going to end up doind with my life?

(6 Posts)
parker1313 Fri 09-Oct-09 12:07:16

Iv lost all confidence.Well I never had much anyway but its getting worse.
I really dont know what Im going to end up doing.
When my kids are older its inevitable that Im going to need to do something.
I have no qualifications and have nothing to offer.
My lifes going no where.I love being a mum but what happens when they dont need me so much anymore.
I dont want to be a mum thats reliant on their kids and has no life.
Iv not done anything exciting or different in my life and if I died I do wonder what the hell they would say at the funeral! It certainly wouldnt be "She lived life to full and made the most of everything" !!

LoveMyGirls Fri 09-Oct-09 12:14:54

I have felt like that before too. I think it's good you can come here and say it and people will give you advice I think it's important to look at whay you feel like this, maybe get some counselling and go on a asertiveness course something like this? when your dc's are older?

I used to have no confidence when I left me abusive ex I was a shadow of my former self and it has taken years of counselling and support to get where I am today but I'm a fairly confident person now although I still have no idea what I will do when my dc's are old enough not to need me as I have been a mum since I was 17.

Only you can change this, it's your life and the world is there waiting for you to do whatever you want to with it.

parker1313 Fri 09-Oct-09 13:13:24

That frightens me thst its down to me although I know its true, as I dont know if I will ever have the confidence to do anything but something crap like being a washer upper in a kitchen!
Iv had councelling and it did nothing for me.It was basic stuff at my doctors surgery as cannot afford to pay for it.
Im thick as well.
Did crap at school.
Oh feeling shit sorry.

parker1313 Fri 09-Oct-09 13:14:20

ps did an assertiveness course,went to the first session and was too scared to go back as the next session included role plays which scared me to death!

LoveMyGirls Fri 09-Oct-09 13:53:19

I didn't do well at school either and I wouldn't say I'm clever at all especially maths and science. I had free counselling with a christian counselling service that my gp put me in touch with maybe there are other options for you too?

LoveMyGirls Fri 09-Oct-09 13:54:21

Maybe you need to work your way up to the assertivness course.

So maybe think of 3 things you would like to do by the time you reach xx age then work from there?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now