Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Addicted to Slot machines?

(4 Posts)
pennypusher Mon 05-Oct-09 12:56:33

I feel almost scared posting this, so that probably tells me that I am addicted. It has built up over a few years, from taking DS bowling, and putting a few 10ps into the penny pushing machines, to now feeling kind of excited at the thought of going to a theme park, because I know these machines will be there. And purposely not taking much money, because I know I will keep on until all my cash is gone.

This weekend, I spent over £20, and simply could not walk away until all my winnings were gone. To be honest, I can afford to squander £20, but I know it has to stop, if only because DS plays a bit, (I tend to give him money out of the "winnings", and then resent hom "wasting" it on less profitable machines, (mad, i know) and this might set him off on a life of gambling.

pennypusher Mon 05-Oct-09 12:57:59

BTW, I am a regular lurker, occasional poster, but have changed name. Incidentally, I think I am sort of addicted to mumsnet as well.

pennypusher Mon 05-Oct-09 13:33:09

Can anyone help me here? I'm trying to find a way to get control of this.

sparklefrog Mon 26-Oct-09 12:22:51

Have you contacted Gambler's Anonymous?

Probably a silly question, but I had to ask.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now