Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.....

(4 Posts)
orangehaze Sat 03-Oct-09 14:05:26

.... I've looked at the One Child Family bit and I'm not sure I want to post this there.

Anyway, I have one DD who is 3 and EVERYONE is having their 2nd baby. I had a bad pregnancy, with stress at work, depression, SPD. Now, still having problems with SPD and on Prozac, I feel totally inadequate because I can't even entertain the thought of doing it all again, how come everyone else is!? I just don't think my body or head could take it.

I'm just wondered if there are others out there like me, as I'm feeling like a freak at the mo!

I'm a bit new to posting so sorry if I've done any faux pas.

x

DLI Sat 03-Oct-09 21:14:08

hi, i have one ds who is now nearly 6. i had a very boring pregnancy but a very long labour. I have no intentions of having another. my friend had a baby the same time as me and she has now got 3! I honestly don't know how she copes. I love my ds to bits but don't think i could cope with another child as well. I look at this way, at the moment having one means he gets whatever he wants, he is spoilt and i know i shouldn't but i can so i will. he gets all my attention and all my love and with one child we can afford to go on holiday every year, away for weekends etc - we couldn't afford it with anymore children. My view is that he can have as may friends over as he wants but then they can go home at the end of the day and then its me time!

bluejeans Sat 03-Oct-09 21:19:30

I have only one child through choice

I know exactly how you feel - I felt it when people who had their first DCs after me were onto their second and third...however it does pass - eventually. DD is 9 and people have stopped asking if we want another and I have stopped feeling inadequate for only having one. Definitely had a few years fighting feelings of pressure and regret but now very happy as we are! Just think of all the things you can do with your 3 yo that you couldn't do with a baby/toddler in tow

orangehaze Mon 05-Oct-09 17:23:46

Thanks for your replies ladies.

You're right, I am doing the right thing for us as a family, in just having one. It's nice to know it's a stage that will pass! DD does seem to be at a nice age (mostly!) so I'm enjoying it all more than I used to to. Certainly can start planning a few things together that would be harder with a baby in tow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now