Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety back again...

(6 Posts)
mumof2000 Fri 02-Oct-09 08:33:24

feeling anxious and low again ....health anx being the worst at moment ...anyone els

mumof2000 Fri 02-Oct-09 09:10:52

bump

YommyMommy Fri 02-Oct-09 09:28:31

Morning Mumof2000,

I also suffer from anxiety - but not totally related to health!

Here if you want to chat! Sorry you are feeling low, but it can really get us down! I go through stages of dealing very well and other days I just want to curl up n give up! But I know I can;t do that as i have two wonderful, beautiful little boys and they need their mummy so I struggle on mainly for them and all the other GOOD things I have in my life! I try to be a positive person, but its not always easy!

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}
x x x x

P.S. Excuse my thinkness, but what does BUMP mean?? lol x x x

mumof2000 Fri 02-Oct-09 09:51:31

thanks yommy , this has been a bad week for me ,having trouble keeping it together ... cried as soon as dropped kids off at school ... calmed down a bit now , i hate feeling like this ... my period is also due so this doesnt help as i think some of it is PMT ,
Doc has given me low AD to try but am unsure weather to take them ...heard many stories some good some bad ..

how do you handle your anx ?

thaks for hug to x

YommyMommy Fri 02-Oct-09 10:11:22

Hey Mumof2000,

I always feel that my anxiety gets worse just before I am due my period too!

You are not alone in hating feeling like this! I also speak with girls on the anxiety thread and we all feel the same!!!! You should come and join us, I feel chating with them really helps! When I was at my worst with anxiety I could barly leave the house without having a panic! It was in a pretty bad place - used to cry all the time, felt like I was a terrible mum, felt like my whole world was crashing down around me! Most of all I felt angry and frustrated as I just wanted my old life back!!! My anxiety started when my DS2 was about 8 months, he is going to be 4 in Feb shock. I am not sure if it will ever completely go, but I am hopefull as I would def say I have come along way over the past few years! I still have days where I have to force myself to go places, but once I am there I am usually fine unless I am having a particularly bad day! Although I still have issues with avoidance and constant living in anticipation of panic attacks, until I get round this I guess I won;t every fully recovery blush

Sorry, feel like I am going on and on!

I like you avoided taking meds due to stories, etc! But I sometimes feel like I might need meds in the final step to my recovery! To give my head some breathing space - if that makes sence hmm! Although my DH is very opposed to them! What meds do you have??? Have you spoken to a councellor??? I also tried Hypnotherapy, which I found helped a lot too!

Hope all this helps x x x

mumof2000 Fri 02-Oct-09 15:15:05

Thanks yommy , all that you are saying makes total sense to me ,nice to know im not going mad and there is someone els who gets this ...as at times i feel so alone , and your not going on at all.... i know exactly what you mean about wanting to be how i used to be, before i was like this i didnt worry about much , mine started when i had bad tummy bug that went on and on , turns out i was making it worse ,and was /is IBS went through various tests to find this out blush

that was 3 years ago and since then its just been one thing after another ....

i need to go to the doc all th time for total reasurance and then at times i still go back again to see another one ..

iv tried hypnosis , a little CBT and counceling .
i have gone to a few yoga classes which do help , i have heard of a CBT course you can do on line which i may look into .
I think it could be good if i tried it for longer , as re-train negative thinking ...

i guess its just one day at a time ..

thank you for listening to me go on xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now