Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

when will the fog lift? DS deserves more than this.....

(7 Posts)
Alambil Thu 01-Oct-09 01:47:04

I've just filled 3 bin bags - and I mean filled - with rubbish from my living room

The room is only 11ft square - tiny, really.... and I'm only half way through (although most of the rubbish is done now - the rest is stuff needing moved)

I've literally had the carpet entirely covered with stuff (rubbish, school stuff, lego, toys, camping gear - all sorts) and can now safely walk from the kitchen to the front door (we were scrambling over stuff before)

I will get better at keeping tidy, won't I? when the tablets settle I mean?

I've been on them 13 days now... how much longer til they actually lift the fog?

OmicronPersei8 Thu 01-Oct-09 02:07:11

Lewis, well done for filling the bags. I don't know your story, but it sounds like you're doing something positive. I'm a very messy person, and when I get stressed or down I make mess in a self-destructive way, even though it makes things worse - a bit like comfort-eating when you feel fat. I see the carpet in my bedroom every 6 months or so, but I am slowly learning to keep tidy. It is taking a long time to change.

You can do it. You will. The fog will lift. If I can help at all in the coming weeks, just by being here for a bit of support, I'd love to - I think I've been close to where you are in the past.

OmicronPersei8 Thu 01-Oct-09 14:27:30

How are you today LewisFan?

Alambil Thu 01-Oct-09 23:03:42

hi omicron

I am feeling a bit better today ... I have been out with my mum (daily exercise with the dogs) and round town with her, my nan and my sister

I have also rang the CAB to get the next steps for fighting my eviction so I know where I stand with that now

OmicronPersei8 Thu 01-Oct-09 23:34:35

Glad to hear that today's been a bit better. It's strange how a bit of control with something that's stressing you can impact on the rest of your life. Were the CAB helpfulthen?

Alambil Fri 02-Oct-09 00:17:10

I think they will be - it's all such a mess, none of it my fault (benefits fuckup) and they're helping me see the wood for the trees and fight the council

OmicronPersei8 Fri 02-Oct-09 00:21:21

Have you tried Shelter? Although if the CAB are giving you all the advice you need, no need to look any further.

I've had a busy and tiring day: I've got 40% carpet visibility as a result!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now