Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

oh wise mumsnetters, can you help? need to find one to one couselling for now adult victim of sexual abuse as a child.

(10 Posts)
stitchtime Fri 25-Sep-09 22:33:56

cant seem to find anything and no one in real life seems to have any idea. there was a charity a few years ago but that had to close because of lack of funding. sad if anyone knows of anything in surrey, can you please direct me towards it.

BertieBotts Fri 25-Sep-09 22:41:27

I just saw something on active convos in the charity noticeboard section which may be relevant, earlier tonight. Will go and have a look for you.

BertieBotts Fri 25-Sep-09 22:43:31

This may not be of use, sorry, as it's a workshop in London, but then again it might be so will post the link anyway:

AnAuntieNotAMum Fri 25-Sep-09 22:53:09

I heard this group recommended on the radio last week

National Association for People Abused in Childhood (napac) 0800 085 3330

They might be able to help with a recommendation?

stitchtime Fri 25-Sep-09 23:10:09

thank you bertie and auntie. i will look into both those places.

adelicatequestion Sat 26-Sep-09 00:01:47

I am going through the same at the moment.

I got a referral from my GP to a psychologist.

NAPAC are good too.

Let us know how you get on.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Sat 26-Sep-09 00:22:41

It depends where you are; my friend has a brilliant local counsellor for the same issue, but they're not a national charity.

stitchtime Sun 27-Sep-09 13:52:52

delicate, is not for me. is for someone through charity i involved in.

lady, is it anywhere near surrey? if she could get there, it might be helpful

magnolia74 Sun 27-Sep-09 14:09:19

Stitch....I have a post on chat and am now on a waiting list for counselling but here in Surrey there is no longer specialist grousp or councelling for child sex abuse if now an adult sad
I am hoping just normal counselling will help me but unsure...Crap isn't it.

adelicatequestion Sun 27-Sep-09 15:42:25

Sorry stitch. I meant let us know how you get on finding somewhere.

I'm doing mine through normal psychology counseling, not a specific group.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: