Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Pregnancy depression and anxiety support

(2 Posts)
nervoussara Wed 23-Sep-09 18:45:01

Hi I thought I'd see if anyone else is suffering from antenatal depression and anxiety. I'm 22 weeks and suffer from dep and anxiety normally but this is now beoming a real struggle and feeling very low.
Anyone got any tips. Nothing seems to be working. Left work after an hour today in tears. Having horrible thoughts that I'm going mad. It seems such a bloody long treck to the end of this pregnancy and then I'm scared of what happens next.
Sorry to moan on. There just doesnt seem to be any support out there!

Mummy369 Thu 24-Sep-09 01:35:46

You poor thing sad I would get straight to see your midwife and if she isn't available go to the GP and ask to be referred to another one. You really need to talk to someone. Are you usually on medication and have stopped for the pregnancy? Their are some anti-depressants which are deemed safe to give in pregnancy - usually the advice is "if the benefit outweighs the risk" - which, given your tearfulness and low feelings, sounds like you may need to consider.

I do hope you start to feel better soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now