Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

depressed and dissapointed

(9 Posts)
SpanishEyes Mon 06-Jun-05 18:40:23

I feel really unhappy and depressed. I live with my mother who is a botch to put in mildly. I am 21 years of age. I feel depressed because of loads of things, but today I was told by my mother that I going on holiday with my 9 yr old cousin and her father in 2 wks time. I was so excited as I never get to go away much and this would be a real treat, so I rushed home, had a look at the pontins website at the place we would be staying and then my mums says I cannot go, maybe because of the cost, I dunno, but she should have thought about that before getting my hopes up. I also have 1000 pounds inheritance from my grandmother that I should have got when I turned 21 back in January, but she wont let me have it. I hate her so much. I just needed a rant because nothing seems to go right.

stitch Mon 06-Jun-05 18:50:17

do you work? if so, move out. if you hate living with her, then dont.

sparklymieow Mon 06-Jun-05 18:51:53

how much is it??? Is your uncle paying for it??

Pruni Mon 06-Jun-05 18:54:14

Message withdrawn

SpanishEyes Mon 06-Jun-05 19:02:58

unfortunately, im not working at the mo so moving out isnt an option, but I have asked and asked for the money but she refuses to give it to me and if I took her to court, I'm sure it will cost me most of the inheritance anyway.

stitch Mon 06-Jun-05 19:05:40

but isnt there a greater problem here? that of control?
she wants to control everything about you, and you are letting her. even if you are not working, moving out can still be an option. cant you camp out on someones sofa for a while till you get a job doing something, anything? it will show your mom that you are not willing to be treated like a puppet.
basically you need to take charge of your own life, otherwise this situation will continue.

SpanishEyes Tue 07-Jun-05 10:23:03

Last night I went back to ask for my money because I would like to go away this year just on a short trip to Blackpool, but she said no and swore at me and was screaming at me, then she told me to pack my bags and leave so I did and spent the night in a quiet grassed little area in Manchester city centre. Now I'm just in the internet cafe and wondering if I should surrender and go home? It was so cold and scary last night, I'm not sure I could spend another night like that.

stitch Thu 09-Jun-05 10:35:33

spanish eyes, i am so sorry i didnt see this earlier.
dont go home. any mother who does to you what she did, doesnt deserve a daughter.
go to the council. tell them you have been kicked out and are homeless. they will give you a roof over your head. then get a job. any job.
good luck

Toothache Thu 09-Jun-05 10:49:40

SPanishEyes - Stop letting her treat you this way! If this was a husband treating his wife like this there would an uproar!!! Go to the Council like Stitch says.... you could have your own place in a week or 2! Then go to a Solicitor about your inheritance. She can't do this, but she can if you let her.

Where are you now?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now