Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

sertaline

(3 Posts)
ebbie22 Wed 23-Sep-09 13:54:12

Have been on this since nov,and was wondering if it can lose its effect,and if so what is best to try?
Im so low again and have been for a while and just need to try and be more positive but i feel like i have a black cloud constantly over me,and wondered whether anybody could offer me some advice pls x

laurajess Wed 23-Sep-09 21:07:02

hey i'm on sertraline too. at first it was great but it seems to have lost some of its effect for me too. try talking to your doc about it. i spoke to my hv (she used to be a mental health nurse) and she said it's quite normal to have ups and downs. its just your natural hormone levels going up and down.
sorry thats not really much help. but i hope you feel happier soon. I've had some low moments recently and i hate it so much. but it will get better. just think positive and it'll get better. x

ebbie22 Sun 27-Sep-09 14:09:04

Thank you for your reply,sorry to hear that your low at the moment too,really tough at times isn't it..
Can i ask what dose you are on and how long you have been on it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now