Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

New here

(24 Posts)
Sax Sat 04-Jun-05 22:15:45

Hi, Sax here - hope to give support and advice plus gain some on the bad days! Hi to all! I'm Mum to three boys, finding life pretty tough at the moment. Hope to get to know some of you asap.

Frizbe Sat 04-Jun-05 22:16:47

Hello n welcome!

mummygow Sat 04-Jun-05 22:18:08

Hi sax you have come to the right place for support and encouragement and a good laugh!!

Sax Sat 04-Jun-05 22:18:11

Wow Frizbe, can't get quicker than that eh! thanks and Hi.

ebbie22 Sat 04-Jun-05 22:18:13

hiya..xx

Toothache Sat 04-Jun-05 22:19:25

Hiya Sax. This site just about saved my life when I had PND! So you've come to the right place/

Why are you finding things tough just now?

jodee Sat 04-Jun-05 22:19:59

Welcome Sax , just jump right on in and get chatting!

Sax Sat 04-Jun-05 22:23:24

Gosh, cannot believe such quick responses - life on top of me right now, three young children, recently admitted not coping therefore feel failed as on anti Ds and can't admit it to myself or anyone else! All a bit much cos thought I was more even but not really, so weird feeling so out of control.

Frizbe Sat 04-Jun-05 22:26:38

aw {{{Hugs}}} Hon, however you sound like your on the right track to me, you know you have a problem and are doing something about it, and thus the long road to recovery lies ahead

spursmum Sat 04-Jun-05 22:26:47

Welcome sax! i know the hell of feeling a failure and being on anti d's. this place gives me a sense of relief knowing i can ask or say anything and other people will understand. we are not alone!

huggybear Sat 04-Jun-05 22:30:10

hiya sax

mumsnet is a fab site for support, chatting and advice with a good mix of people,

love huggy

Sax Sat 04-Jun-05 22:32:45

Wow what a welcome, many thanks and hope to post regularly when time, rather busy but sort of escaping on internet a lot if you lot know what I mean.

Toothache Sat 04-Jun-05 22:33:24

Well Sax, you really are not alone. I was so surprised with the support I got here and the amount of people that are in the same boat (more or less). And once I acknolwedged my PND and started to recover I felt strong enough to tell friends and family what I had been through. I was completely speachless when a few of them said they had been or were on AD's! And also the amount of people that new they should've got AD's but felt too ashamed to admit it.

You're on the right track.

Toothache Sat 04-Jun-05 22:34:48

I know what you mean sax! My DH is downstairs and I'm up here at the PC drinking G&T! Sometimes it feels like a girls night in when I'm chatting (quickly progressing to slurring) here.

Sax Sat 04-Jun-05 22:37:43

Thank you toothache, I really don't think I will ever admit it to my hubby but we'll see. Something I want to deal with - BTW the wine is flowing freely tonight, what a blessing...........

Toothache Sat 04-Jun-05 22:41:35

DOyou mean your husband doesn't know yuou are on AD's?

Does he know you have been depressed? My DH was total shit to me when I had PND. My ds is nearly 4 and I suffered really badly from his birth until he was about 18mths old. DH didn't understand it and thought I was attention seeking or jsut trying to hurt him. Depression/Stress/Anxiety are so misunderstood. It was nice to come on MN and be told that I am normal.... just a bit crazy sometimes!

Whats your story then.... if you want to talk about it? If not, what wine are you drinking? Where do you live (approx)? How old are your boys?

I'm 27 and I live in Central Scotland with my DH, ds(4nearly) and dd (10mths). Thats me.

Sax Sat 04-Jun-05 22:47:54

No, hubby does not know about the anti Ds and probably won't, I need to deal with this on my own, he's pretty stressed too at the moment so don't want to put this on him too.... i know you all shout and scream and tell me I should..... I just can't sorry. He is unaware I have seen the GP, been depressed or have been prescribed the tabs.
My boys are all preschool, oldest is 4, next 2yr old and youngest 9m! They are all a handful for different reasons and I began getting panic attacks recently and feeling unsure when I've been out with them all!

Toothache Sat 04-Jun-05 22:53:19

Sax - They do sound like a handful! I had panic attacks too, still do. But only when DH is there.... he was the only person to know about it for a long time. Ds has watched me be so hysterical that I've collapsed. It's awful. Thankfully that seems to happen only once in a blue moon now, but 2 yrs ago it was almost once a week! Feel so guilty about now.

I had Homeopathic rememdies recommended by my GP which really worked for me (physical or pschological I don't care!). I was prescribed AD's recently when I was pregnant with dd as I scored pretty high on the Postnatal test they give you.... they gave it at 32wks pg to try catch PND early this time. But they were the old sort (Tricyclic) as the news aren't recommended in pregnancy. Took 2 and stopped as they made me feel so drunk and dizzy! I was still working so it wasn't going to help me.

spursmum Sat 04-Jun-05 22:55:16

believe me i understand all about needing to work tings out for yourself. i made my xp leave because he was trying to tell me how to get better( not that i'm suggesting that for you) maybe you get dh to have the kids for a day so you could pamper yourself.

Sax Sat 04-Jun-05 23:15:23

Actually my panics have stopped (well only one recently since taking the tabs) so they are doing something, that and helping me sleep without my mind racing along all night.

Thank you for all your replies tonight, its so good to hear others who are or have been in similar positions. Sort of felt going mad on own before!

Toothache Sat 04-Jun-05 23:16:42

Sax - We're all mad.

Is this a recent thing? Could it be Postnatal Depression after your 3rd?

Toothache Sat 04-Jun-05 23:22:52

Sax - I'm off now.... but, at the expensive of my work I am on here ALL the time during the week!

Will probably check MN out tomorrow too at some point. Hope you're feeling a lot less isolated and alone.

Night.

Sax Sat 04-Jun-05 23:24:15

Actually I think its been building for sometime but recently got worse and although thought I could sort myself out kinda realised that the feelings were getting deeper and more desperate. I don't put it down to PND, more increased stress due to the boys and their needs - forgot to say oldest is high func autistic!!!!! recently Dx....

Sax Sun 05-Jun-05 12:17:59

btw, thank you for all your replies toothache and maybe speak to you in the week, I could do with an outlet for feelings cos putting far too much on a friend at moment and hate to think I'll be resented! Thanks for your time, and your little boy is just gorgeous, found a pic on the site!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now