Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Goodbye bulimia!

(9 Posts)
littlelamb Thu 02-Jun-05 15:19:00

Its been a while since I posted, because I wanted to see how things were going, and I can report that I think I have made the first permanent steps to ridding myself of this horrible disease. I have spent the last couple of weeks not thinking about food at all, and just eating what and when I want. Yes, I've put on a couple of pounds, but thats hardly surprising considering what I was living on before. I can't pinpoint why, but I just feel so much happier, and my entire outlook has changed. My final essays are handed in on monday, and then I have the whole summer to spend with my gorgeous girl. She's just beginning to walk properly As a treat (a BIG treat!) I've bought a new pushchair, a jane powertrack. I have lusted after it for ages, and now that I've stopped wasting my money on binges I can (just about) afford it! I cant wait to take dd out for long walks and to the beach with it. I just had to tell someone how proud I am of myself, and reassure others that it IS possible to beat this. I look back on how I was a few months ago and I am amazed and saddened by how I felt and what I was doing to my body. I'm even thinking of selling my blessed bike! Juicychops, I haven't heard from you in a while, so let me just send some (((hugs))) I really hope you're ok x x x

MarsLady Thu 02-Jun-05 15:22:39

Well done you!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations

jessicasmummy Thu 02-Jun-05 15:23:25

Well done, and here's to a fantastic summer xxx

Aimsmum Thu 02-Jun-05 15:25:01

Message withdrawn

Pamina3 Thu 02-Jun-05 15:25:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jjash Thu 02-Jun-05 15:31:29

brilliant news .well done to you ! Have a wonderful summer with your dd

littlelamb Thu 02-Jun-05 15:33:42

I just cant thank you all enough, without all the prompting and encouragement I recieved here I never would have sought help and I'd still be caught right in the middle of it. It really is going to be a great summer Now, if only I can get my essays done...

WigWamBam Thu 02-Jun-05 15:45:45

Well done, I'm so pleased to hear this. Here's to a fantastic summer!

kama Thu 02-Jun-05 16:07:13

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: