Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

anti-depressants and complete loss of sex drive -

(6 Posts)
lunarx Thu 02-Jun-05 15:10:51

(*i'll apologise now if this post gets to be TMI for anyone, i'll try to keep it short..)

i've been on anti-depressants since february (2005) after being diagnosed with PND. i took Zoloft/Sertaline for 2 weeks and then was switched onto Citalopram which I have been taking 10mg daily since then.
my sex drive has disappeared. completely. i have no urges for anything. (this is affecting my marriage.)- i have not spoke to my GP about this yet as until last night i really did not know how badly the medicine was affecting me.
is there an anti-depressant available in the UK that does not affect ones sex drive? (i'm from the US and know in the US, there is an AD that does not affect sex drive (called Wellbutrin/bupropion))...

(*to be fair, since ds was born almost a year ago, my sex drive did drop, but i still had urges.. its been months since i've felt 'proper pleasure' {if you know what i mean })

i just feel broken, like the ADs help one part of me, but have broken another..

i know some others out there will have probably encountered this... how did you manage? (i know this is personal....) thanks in advance....

tiffini Thu 02-Jun-05 15:20:11

bump!!

lunarx Fri 03-Jun-05 16:45:10

*bump last time...anyone?

Nightynight Fri 03-Jun-05 17:38:20

dont know about the antidepressants, but I got mine back after baby no 2 was born. Wonderful what another pregnancy can do for you...

katierocket Fri 03-Jun-05 17:43:55

I know this is really common but can only suggest you go back to docs and ask them for advice.

WigWamBam Fri 03-Jun-05 18:11:28

It's quite a common side effect of ads, but not all ads will give you the same side effects, so it's worth going back to the GP and asking if you can try a different ad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now