Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

HELP PLEASE: WTF DO I FEEL LIKE THIS!!

(7 Posts)
BigMomma3 Fri 04-Sep-09 13:07:43

I feel like I have something stuck in my chest and could faint. Just took DSs out to the soft play place and while I was sitting down reading the paper, I suddenly came over all shaky, felt like I had something stuck in my chest, lightheaded and as if I would collapse. I have had panic attacks before but nothing like this!!

I had to grab the kids and get out of there. Managed to drive home whilst terrified I would crash the car and now don't know what to do. Am worried about being with the kids alone (DH at work and not back until late tonight)as I am worried I am going to have a heart attack!! My GPs surgery are not answering the phone.

I started taking Prozac 5 days ago thinking it would bloody help and I have felt worse since I started taking it. Any advice please???

blissa Fri 04-Sep-09 13:09:52

When you say you feel like there is something stuck in your chest- can you describe it?

BigMomma3 Fri 04-Sep-09 13:10:47

It feels like I have swallowed an apple!

ksld Fri 04-Sep-09 13:14:44

OK - just focus on breathing around the 'apple' taking slow breaths and try not to think about anything else. It does sound like a bad panic attack. I have no experience of prozac, so don't know if it could be related, but if you were going to have a heart attack you wouldn't have been able to drive home.

Is there anyone who could sit with you and the kids?

Keep trying your Dr and NHS direct - you need to speak to someone to get some help.

blissa Fri 04-Sep-09 13:16:21

I'd second what ksld has said.

You do need to speak to someone, just to be on the safe side

jangly Fri 04-Sep-09 19:00:19

When you start taking fluoxetine (prozac) you do feel even more anxious and nervy, even agitated, for the first couple of weeks. I know I did, but I was forewarned that this would happen so I stuck with it. It did pass and now I find fluoxetine very calming.

candyfluff Fri 04-Sep-09 20:08:16

when you see your gp suggest taking a few diazepam while the ad's are kicking in ,i had to do this when i first started on mirtazepine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now