Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I'm scared. I think this may be the onset of PND again.

(8 Posts)
Dogshitsonthedailymail Fri 28-Aug-09 18:33:06

Message withdrawn

NoGoodNicknamesLeft Fri 28-Aug-09 18:35:46

Aw, Dogdoos, ya poor thing, go get yourself back to the docs and get differnt antids before it all gets too much. hopefully you'll be off them again in short order.

Dogshitsonthedailymail Fri 28-Aug-09 21:02:57

Message withdrawn

Amapoleon Fri 28-Aug-09 21:05:27

Try vitamin b and magnesium, it worked wonders for me, although my pnd was only mild but if you are in the early stages it might help.

Good luck smile

Rumpel Fri 28-Aug-09 21:16:30

You could also try 5-HTP or St John's Wort (remember it affects birth control pills amongst other meds and makes you photosensitive to sunlight though). Or ask your Gp to refer you for CBT? (cognisitve behavioural therapy. TBH I've had loads of alternative treatments and the only thing that takes the edge off and makes my life tolerable is ADs - I am on citalopram and through trial and error have found that 20mg is good for me.

Remember your brain is an organ like any other and things go wrong. There is so much stigma attached to mental health problems but if you had high BP you wouldn't hink twice about taking meds for the rest of your life!

Hope you feel better soon in the meantime have a big squishy cyber hug ( ).

Dogshitsonthedailymail Sat 29-Aug-09 17:58:04

Message withdrawn

chicababy Mon 31-Aug-09 12:04:51

HI Dogshitsonthedailymail

I also have PND and I strongly advise you to go to your GP. He will be able to organise some coucilling for you and talk to you about the medication route.
I am on 10mg of lexapro and after the inital few days of feeling sick on it I have to say I feel 100 times better.

Like you I just felt like everything was getting on top of me and I was just not enjoing being a mammy like I should.

Please please don't let this go without talking to your GP. IF you had an upset stomach you'd go to the doctor and this is nothing different.

Dogshitsonthedailymail Mon 31-Aug-09 21:31:47

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now