Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

What's up with me?

(3 Posts)
naeb1 Fri 28-Aug-09 18:27:15

I had a bit of an issue earlier this year which resulted in me having a few panic attacks.

I was recently in a situation which caused these panic attacks to re-appear.

But now I'm feeling panicky in situations which have nothing to do with the above situation.

Last night I was worrying about death (no idea why) and I came over all panicky and felt very nauseous.

Just now some boys from the street were knocking at the door but I didn't hear them as I had my music on. I think they wanted to clean my car which I didn't want them to do so it's just as well I didn't answer the door; they were walking away when I looked out my window, anyways I turned my music back up and thought I heard banging again and I became very panicky again feeling nauseous.

What's wrong with me? Why are silly little things setting me off?

P.s. I've namechanged for this....

naeb1 Fri 28-Aug-09 20:03:18

No one? sad

mollyroger Fri 28-Aug-09 20:06:49

people can suffer from Anxiety in the same way people suffer from depression.
Are you under any kind of stress at the moment?
when you were suffering from panic attacks, did you have 'tools', coping strategies to help you? Think about what helped you then...
Cut down on alcohol/caffeine/nicotene
Try to eat little and often
Try to get sufficient sleep
Do you know any relaxation routines? Practise them.

If the panic attacks are impacting on yout life, your gp may be able to help. There is medication which can help.

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now