Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Anxiety/panic attacks and hypnotherapy - hope this helps someone

(8 Posts)
MummyDragon Wed 26-Aug-09 20:24:35

Just wanted to say that I saw a hypnotherapist today, to help me deal with panic attacks which have escalted beyond my control recently and started affecting every aspect of my life.

I feel like an enormous, crushing band has been lifted from around my chest.

I've had CBT, anti-d's and talk therapy in the past; they all helped me at the time, but none of them "solved" the underlying anxiety. I know this is only the first day of the "new me," but I really can feel the difference already. I have used the techniques several times since the session, and they work!!! grin grin]

If anyone would like details of what happens at a hypnotherapy session, what my therapist's qualifications are, how much it costs etc etc, please post on here and I will be happy to provide more info.

willtryharder Wed 26-Aug-09 21:01:33

I would like more info. I have been having CBT though it hasn't helped much.

TIA

willtryharder Wed 26-Aug-09 21:03:09

I noticed from your profile than we are in the same county so hopefully your hypnotherapist is someone that can help me.

MummyDragon Thu 27-Aug-09 12:23:04

Message withdrawn

MummyDragon Thu 27-Aug-09 13:14:52

Hi willtryharder -

Panic attacks are so shit aren't they?

www.halohypnotherapy.com - she was absolutely lovely. I did go to her once before when I was suffering from hyperemesis and she was very good in helping me relax then too.

I hope this helps.

Today I have been practising the technique she taught me, and it is definitely working. I feel like a new woman. Good luck.

Message me if you need some more help smile

willtryharder Thu 27-Aug-09 13:21:34

mummydragon thanks very much. smile

I am going on a course next week with someone else so if that doesn't work I will get in touch with person you have seen.

I am open-minded to try anything.

MummyDragon Thu 27-Aug-09 13:52:12

That's the key - if you have an open mind, you're far more likely to get something out of it.

I'd love to know you get on next week smile

Can I just add that I had hypnotherapy prior to DD's birth and it definitely worked - I had been terrified of pushing and crowning etc, and in the event it was as though a switch had flipped in my head and it just happened totally smoothly and easily... so I'm a huge fan of hypno!

willtryharder Tue 08-Sep-09 14:10:23

Mummydragon, I did the lightning Process. I am definitely feeling a lot more positive so I think it was worth the money.

I wouldn't be suprised if it is similar to some of the techniques you have learnt.

Anyway its onwards and upwards and the motto is to "Love the life you have". smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now