Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

the worst mom

(6 Posts)
Zahora Sun 23-Aug-09 15:56:09

I've had enough. I don't think I can cope another day with my ds. He is 3 yrs old and I have started hitting him now to keep him under control. i feel so bad. I just want to walk out before i hurt him.

cocolepew Sun 23-Aug-09 16:23:26

Didn't want your post to go unnoticed, some wise person will be able to help you smile

Do you have anyone you can talk to?

letsgostrawberrypicking Sun 23-Aug-09 16:40:54

Oh Zahora, really feel for you and your ds sad what a tough time you are both having.

Why particularly are you finding it hard now, is he being difficult for a reason? What other types of discipline have you tried?

The2ndMrsSantos Sun 23-Aug-09 16:41:02

Parentline 0808 800 2222 - ring them now please. You can't be the worst parent because you know you need help. I hope you get it. x

Suzy123 Sun 23-Aug-09 16:53:52

Then walk out, go to another room, count to 10, hit the wall, scream - it'll pass (done the screaming one many a time and its worked). Take him out to the park, let him run himself ragged. Ask your family for some help if you can. I went thru a phase like this and i am sure many do. I agree with a smack on the hand when done in a controlled way, but when you are uncontrollable thats a diff. matter. Remember he is 3 yrs old, and his behaviour is probably perfectly normal, its how you react to it that counts.

letsgostrawberrypicking Sun 23-Aug-09 21:28:51

How are things tonight Zahora?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now