Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Help im feeling very very low

(8 Posts)
100Janine100 Tue 18-Aug-09 21:30:25

My DP has just been sectioned under the mental health act after doing something very disturbing.(This is the not the first time he has been sectioned) I am 29 weeks pregnant and i dont no if im staying with him because he has no1 else and i mean literally no1 else,I believe that i want to be with him but its starting to wear me down i have outbursts of crying and i think about doing stuff to myself, i never would because of my unborn child but i feel very low because of it all im only 18 and i cant handle this all.

jooseyfruit Tue 18-Aug-09 21:53:36

bless you, don't really know what to say, but bumping for you.

kaballie Tue 18-Aug-09 22:02:36

Hi Janine,
Do you have anyone close to you that you can talk this over with? It sounds like you are having to keep it all together for everyone else at a time when you should be able to enjoy your pregnancy and be taken care of yourself. There are lots of places out there who will give you help and support if you don't feel that you have anyone else to turn to. Maybe making an appointment to see your GP/midwife first thing in the morning would be a good idea?
Your partner is in a safe place for now and is being looked after. You now need to turn your attention to looking after yourself and your baby and think about right now rather then thinking about what may or may not happen in the future. The feelings and emotions you are describing feeling are perfectly understandable given the circumstances.
Have you got any friends/family near you?

pushmepullyou Tue 18-Aug-09 22:17:39

Hi Janine
Poor you, what a horrible, stressful thing to be going through, particularly when you're pregnant. The most important thing is to put yourself and your baby first. I second kaballie and would suggest going to see your GP/midwife and getting some support from friends and family if possible.

ErikaMaye Wed 19-Aug-09 00:00:13

Hey hun.

I'm the same age as you, my DP and I both have a history of mental health, and I'm 27+2 with our baby. I know how hard it is worrying about them, and yourself, and your baby - I do it every day, especially after hearing how badly some people think of our relationship.

Are you on any medication at all right now yourself? You sound so down, and as hard as it is, try just for a few minutes to focus on yourself. Do you have someone you can trust that you can talk to about all of this - a family member, friend, social worker?

I can understand that you might not want to share all the details of why he's been sectioned on here, but if you would like to talk more, I'm happy to give you my email address.

Thinking of you. x

keeplaughing Wed 19-Aug-09 00:14:20

ok love, lots of people here to talk to. You said you're 18? that's a lot to try to handle by yourself, but you sound as if you can, will be able to cos your'e wise enough to ask for help and recognise what is happening. don't worry about crying etc, because a) you're pregnant , b)you're only 18 and its hard to deal with this sort of stuff c) your DH has problems difficult to deal with. keep talking,

100Janine100 Wed 19-Aug-09 14:16:08

Thanks everyone that has left me a message.I aint on any medication, and i do have maybe 1 person i could talk to but it's hard bearing all ur details to somebody that you see on a regular basis i would rather speak to someone that doesn't no me as it would be easier to say my situation without feelin like i am being judged.
R.E- ERIKAMAY it would be nice if u could leave me your email but i'm new to this and i don't no how it really works so i'm hoping u'll get back in touch thanks.

ErikaMaye Wed 19-Aug-09 17:37:26

I know exactly what you mean. Its why I like it online so much! My email is honeyfromhell@hotmail.com - drop me a line any time at all, I tend to check it every few hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now