Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Coming off Fluoxetine

(1 Post)
PollyFlinders Fri 14-Aug-09 22:09:09

I thought I'd post because I'm coming off Fluoxetine after taking it for 9 months. I cut down to half doses (10mg down from 20mg) and then to every other day and finally stopped taking it 10 days ago. It's taken 7 weeks in total.

I'm struggling with insomnia so so badly. Have never had problems sleeping before, whatever my state of mind, but if I wake in the night it sometimes takes 2-3 hours to get back to sleep. I've got a small baby so the lack of sleep is a problem anyway - plus if he wakes for one short feed in the night, it knocks out my sleep by another few hours.

I'm also feeling quite a rush of energy at the same time, am thinking that this might be adrenaline, or whatever hormone the anti-depressants 'flattened' down surging back through my body.

Has anybody else had similar experiences and do they pass?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now