Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

On the edge of tears......

(13 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Mon 23-May-05 18:17:16

Am tired, kids haven't stopped bickering and demanding. Dh is away in America for a week. Have just lost a dvd which we hired from the library.
Dh only went away yesterday - just wondering how I'm going to get through the rest of the week.
DDs have been in school all day so I have only seen them for 3 1/2 hours but they are driving me mad already. Can't wait to get them to bed.
Do I sound horrid?

Satine Mon 23-May-05 18:18:55

I've had two glasses of wine already and am wondering if I can fob ds off with a dvd rather than CBeebies so he doesn't know what time it is and I can get him to bed early!! So no, you're certainly not horrid at all! Life on your own coping with kids can be bloody hard work!

SPARKLER1 Mon 23-May-05 18:20:27

But it's only been 1 day .
I have the wine chilling in the fridge.

Satine Mon 23-May-05 18:21:36

I think the first few days seem the bleakest. By the time your dh comes back you'll have got into a little routine and will probably get cross at him for making the place untidy!!

colette Mon 23-May-05 18:22:17

Try not to think about the rest of the week, just move them towards bedtime a bit earlier than usual . I don't think you sound horrid. 3 and a half hours is a really long time when they are playing up.
Good luck

SPARKLER1 Mon 23-May-05 18:37:01

I think I've calmed down a little now. Kids are eating their tea and I have time to breath.
Next step will be up the stairs and into bed.
Then pour myself a nice glass of wine.
Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Nemo1977 Mon 23-May-05 18:38:34

sparkler u sound completely normal to me hun..lol

SoupDragon Mon 23-May-05 18:40:32

No, you don't sound horrid, you sound like Me

SPARKLER1 Mon 23-May-05 19:39:17

DDs are in bed. DD2 is fast asleep already and DD2 is reading in bed. Half way to bliss.
Just about to pour my first glass of wine out and stick my dinner in the microwave!

Whizzz Mon 23-May-05 19:40:55

Cheers !
No - You don't sound horrid, you sound very normal

blueteddy Mon 23-May-05 20:00:37

Completly normal IMO!
I am like that more often than not ATM!

Merlin Mon 23-May-05 20:07:58

Sparkler - hope you are now relaxing and enjoying your wine

Before you know it Dh will be home and you will be missing all that space in the bed!!!

julienutnut Wed 25-May-05 20:35:18

I am 12 weeks and feeling really low, worring about everything and feel sick every evening?
Is this normal????????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now