Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feel like utter crap today

(3 Posts)
babyignoramus Fri 24-Jul-09 10:35:19

Started whinging on AIBU? about DH but it's not really his fault. I have a lovely, lovely DS aged 5 months and a lovely DH but I feel like crap. I don't know if I'm just tired but I can't stop crying today. Dh was out last night and is out again tonight and I literally don't know how I'm going to face looking after DS for the remaining 10 hours until bedtime.

I felt like this two weeks ago and DH made me go out and have a day to myself which was lovely. But then it starts to build up again and I sometimes feel I can't wait to get DS off my hands. I love him but he's so demanding at the moment. I'm so tired today and it's pissing it down with rain so I can't go out, plus I'm skint!

Someone please tel me this will pass!

AccioPinotGrigio Fri 24-Jul-09 14:24:12

Provided you are not depressed or heading towards depression, then this feeling will pass, it really will. I remember spending lots of time feeling trapped and overwhelmed in the early days. I was also skint a lot of the time and had no car which didn't help.

If you think you are getting depressed then you could start of by having a chat with your Health Visitor or GP about it.

If you don't think that is the problem then maybe you and your dh can you get together to structure in some regular 'me time' for you. Does he pull is weight generally, if not you may need to ask him to pitch in a bit more so that you don't get that big build up you talk about?

Do you have any friends or family you could invite over to keep you company when your dh is out?

I promise you, one day your little baby is going to be a big independent boy, you will have lots of time to yourself and you will look back to this time with fondness - it's (hard to believe when you are in the middle of it but it's true!

babyignoramus Fri 24-Jul-09 15:43:07

thank you accio, that really helps! My dh is normally v. Good but is slightly taking the piss with nights out this week! I did an exercise dvd and that always makes me feel better smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now