Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Feeling depressed, been to docs and now not eating......

(5 Posts)
npg1 Sun 19-Jul-09 19:45:40

I really want to change my life around and be positive about everything rather than being negative all the time. I have been to the doc on friday and she gave me citalapram, took the first one last night and woke up feeling really sick, hope it wont last.

OH and I had a row thursday and since then I dont feel hungry, dont want to eat and have been living on 1 meal a day with nothing else. I am now thinking maybe this is a good way to loose weight but at the same time I know it's not healthy but I cant bring myself to eat more now.

Is there an online postive thinking course or similar I can do online?

parker1313 Sun 19-Jul-09 19:57:03

CBT would be the best I think.ALthough Im not experienced on this but Iv read alot on here and that sounds like it would be what you need.
The citalapram can make you feel sick.My dad is on it and he felt very strange even after the 1st tablet.
Why cant you eat?
Are you anxious?
Do you have children?

parker1313 Mon 20-Jul-09 19:12:22

bump

npg1 Mon 20-Jul-09 19:49:54

Ahh, thanks parker, sorry I didnt reply last night.

I will look into CBT, thanks.

I took another citalapram last night and was fine all night, didnt feel sick. I remember last time I took them in 2007 they made me feel abit sick at the start so i took them in the evenings.

Regarding the eating, I have been battling over the past few months to loose half a stone (nothing in reality, I know) and have given myself a hard time over it. Because me and OH had a row I then didnt feel like eating for a couple days after and I am now thinking if I can keep it up I will loose some weight (stupid I know!) Yesterday I had a roast dinner, bit of choc and a couple of crackers and cheese and that is the most I have eaten in one day. Today i have had a slim fast choc bar, pasta and pesto and thats it.

It's strange because I dont even feel hungry anymore and seem to be full up more quickly.

Yes I have 2 DD's aged 2 and 6yrs.

parker1313 Mon 20-Jul-09 21:24:32

Your stomach may have shrunk a bit.Stress obviously can make you feel off food but Im sure you know that.
Try hard to keep strong and think of your children.
Mine keep me going.
Its hard I know but keep smiling and look after number 1.
God bless.wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now