Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

why am i suddenly feeling all wobbly and tearful and hormonal?

(17 Posts)
missingthemountains Wed 15-Jul-09 19:45:44

I am usually fine but just this evening I could burst into tears. don't know why

used to get like this on a monthly basis when I had periods. I now have a mirena so don't get it any more so why now?

any suggestions most welcome.

ErikaMaye Wed 15-Jul-09 19:51:18

Sorry you're feeling so rough tonight. * Big un-MNlike hugs *

Its possible that the mirena hormone release might be unbalancing you - how long have you had it for now?

missingthemountains Wed 15-Jul-09 19:52:01

had it for nearly a year - no problems up until now

ErikaMaye Wed 15-Jul-09 19:53:14

Hmm... Well bang goes that theory

Has anything happened recently that could be subconciously stressing you out?

bargainhuntingbetty Wed 15-Jul-09 19:55:54

I have been getting this for the last few weeks but funilly enough it is only at night . I have the mirena too (only got it in Feb tho). Why dont you just have a goodd cry andd then maybe you will feel better??? I think mine is related to my d moving to the upper school and me realising shhe is not such a little girl any more.

ErikaMaye Wed 15-Jul-09 19:57:39

I think the nights tend to be worse for everyone, if you're ill or if you're having a rough patch.

Sorry to hear you're having a bad time too betty.

bargainhuntingbetty Wed 15-Jul-09 20:03:39

Not having a bad time as such just aware that dd will be moving up and that dh and I will have to debate which secondary school she goes to in 4 years time. I really need to get a grip but I have had difficulty with all my dd's transitons, playgroup, nursery, primary school. I just cant seem to cope withh change. i keep telling myself to enjoy her just now and deal with secondary school when it happens but my brain has other ideas angry.

Hope you get to the bottom of your feelings soon.

missingthemountains Wed 15-Jul-09 20:04:41

god there's loads that could be stressing me out - hard to narrow it down (in the past 2 years - IVF, new baby, house move,breast cancer scare, fil died, DH has MS and is ill most of the time so I am essentially single parent, I also work 3 days a week and have no family anywhere near to help out)

but apart from all that everything is ok. Have been coping fine for months - I think I just get fed up sometimes that I get no time off at all - as soon as kids in bed I am doing all the other stuff that needs to be done to run a household. an hour of tv in the evening is a nice treat

ErikaMaye Wed 15-Jul-09 20:11:58

Betty, a lot of people have issues with change, especially surrounding their children, try not to stress yourself out too much for feeling like this. Once she's settled in, it will feel like the norm again for you, and so will hopefully stress you out less.

Missingthemountains - You sound like a saint. I'm really not suprised that your body and mind are now saying, "Enough now, I need some time to process", and that really, essentially, sounds like whats happening. Do you have anyone around you that could look after the kids for an hour or something two afternoons a week, maybe, so you can just have some "you" time?

bargainhuntingbetty Wed 15-Jul-09 20:17:08

Thanks Erica. I will try and stop stressing myself about her going to secondary. It is 4 years away ffs.

Missingthemoountains: sorry to hijack yoour post. It sounds like you need some you time to get some R&R. I think you sound like a trooper and I think yoou deserve some time to you.

missingthemountains Wed 15-Jul-09 20:19:03

thanks erika

must dash now as DS2 crying with teething

<sigh>

but I am blessed to have two gorgeous boys smile so all is not awful - hopefully I'll perk up tomorrow

thanks for listening

missingthemountains Wed 15-Jul-09 20:19:49

betty - you are v welcome to hijack! smile

ErikaMaye Wed 15-Jul-09 20:20:37

Betty - If you want to talk at all, please feel free to CAT me your email address (I'm totally skint so haven't signed up yet or I'd email you mine blush!)

bargainhuntingbetty Wed 15-Jul-09 20:21:45

You are very kind Erica but I really do just need a slap. Thanks again

ErikaMaye Wed 15-Jul-09 20:22:04

Missingthemountains - Am generally always around so post again here any time if you need to, okay? I really hope you have a good evening.

And the same goes for if you would like to message me

Sending you both strength. x

missingthemountains Thu 16-Jul-09 18:27:45

well I didn't get much time to sit around and mope yesterday evening as we ended up at A&E

DS2 kept crying, had v high temp despite calpol and was breathing v fast. out of hours dr told us to go to A&E. Didn't get home to bed til 4am - up again at 8am and off to work! DS2 seems fine today no temp at all - no idea what it was.

might go for an early night (and not in exciting way hmm)

ErikaMaye Thu 16-Jul-09 22:40:49

Oh my goodness, your poor DS! And poor you, I bet you were terrified I'm glad he's better today though, how odd that it only lasted a little while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now