Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Not enough hours in the day!!! Heading for depression, what can i do??

(11 Posts)
Diddle Thu 19-May-05 14:17:32

Sorry just need to get this off my chest.
I am having a hell of a year. Have had 2 m/c's in the last 5 months and my nan passed away 5 months ago too. Since then life seems to be going down hill. I feel so drained and ill and fed up with life. Keep bursting into tears, then thinking i'm sorted out and having a good week, then comes another feeling of sadness.
I work a 55 hour week looking after children, and its killing me, i have no motivation at all to do anything.
My DH trys to be a support and when he knows i'm upset about something other than him he's fine but as soon as i tell him what he does to annoy me, he either says he's sorry and carries on as normal with no difference or he suggest i'm depressed and need to go to the doctors, but not anything to solve our problems. The house is a tip and i don't have enough time to keep it clean and tidy, and when i work from home it just makes me even more down that its a mess.
DH treats me like a maid half the time. Don't get me wrong, he's great most of the time and i love him to bits, but he seems to forget that he could be helping out at home as well as work. I feel like i come 2nd to his job and workmates.

Need more hours in the day with less to do. I just don't have th energy for anything, feel like giving up.
I don't think i'm depressed, or need to go to the doctors, but my life is all over the place.

What can i do?????

pinksofa Thu 19-May-05 14:22:22

Diddle sorry you are feeling so sad, be kind to yourself. Can you do something this week just for you

Diddle Thu 19-May-05 14:25:30

pinksofa - no time, DH is taking me out tomorrow night, because i've told him how naff i feel which might start me off feeling better, need some quality time i think, and we're visitng the in laws this weekend so i will have to wear my happy face.
Feel so stupid posting this thread now, but it has helped to share my feelings, its nice to know that i have support from fellow MN.
Thank you

pinksofa Thu 19-May-05 14:38:50

think it is quite brave of those who post how they feel on here as not easy and can help to put things down in writing re how you are feeling

can you try and turn things to your advantage, in the past i have been able to do this (sort of but not alwyas} get to rock bottom and then say to myself that cannot change what has happened so may as well try and make something for me out of it, even if you use feelings of anger to fuel yourself to do something iyswim, but easier said than done and with me sort of have to get to a certain point

do hope that you feel better soon, take great care of yourself and hope you have a lovely evening with your dh

acnebride Thu 19-May-05 14:47:46

Diddle i've got no advice just wanted to say i think your life sounds incredibly tough right now, you've had 3 appalling tragedies in the last few months, and it's not at all surprising that you feel terrible. I hope somebody more helpful can give you some ideas.

Diddle Thu 19-May-05 14:50:48

thank you, sorry fr your tragedies too. hope you're coping ok

acnebride Thu 19-May-05 14:53:33

Um.

hate to say it but could you tell dh to go to the inlaws and leave you at home on your own for some p&q?

Or would that make you feel worse...? only you know.

Diddle Thu 19-May-05 16:23:21

in laws live 3 hours away and although i could do with the peace, its mother in laws birthday we have a meal out and a family lunch booked, so i'd hate to ruin the plans, plus DH would not be impressed, i don't think he'd go if i wasn't going.

Diddle Thu 19-May-05 16:23:43

see i', so negative, need to chear up!!!

lyra41 Thu 19-May-05 16:34:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Diddle Thu 19-May-05 16:36:39

thanks lyra41, will give it some thought, you're right they will tell me what i can do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now