Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How did you know you had PND?

(4 Posts)
notsurewheretolook Sun 12-Jul-09 20:48:42

I have name changed as some people on MN know me in RL.

I had my DS2 four months ago and since then have been struggling. I have good days and bad days - yesterday was a partiularly bad day where I spent the whole day shouting at DS1 and my DH. I cry most days, and find the prospect of the smallest things totally overwhelming. There are other things going on, my mum has dementia and my dad isn't really coping with it, my brother was diagnosed with cancer last year and to top it all i lost my job just after the birth of my DS.

I could go on. Can anyone who has had PND tell me how they decided to do something about it? I'm so afraid of going to see someone and them thinking I'm over-reacting.

bargainhuntingbetty Sun 12-Jul-09 20:52:09

Go and see someone fast before it gets out of hand. You have a lot going on just now and no oone will think you are over reacting. Please note though that anything you get to help will take time to work, you will not be fixed instantly but it will help andd in time you will feel better. Also, explain to dh how you feel cauuse if he dooesnt know he cant help or make allowances. PLEASE PLEASE go and see someone.

kalo12 Sun 12-Jul-09 20:54:30

i started having loads of anxiety worrying if my ds was ok. this was when he was about 6 months. i had been having anxiety and panicking about things before this but it wasn't til it was about my baby that i realised it was pnd. i was crying to the hv at every baby club meeting.

i went to docs and burst into tears . i got counselling and it was great. didn't take any drugs even though docs were insistent, am glad i didn't too.

get some help, you will get through it. good luck smile

kalo12 Sun 12-Jul-09 21:00:17

i still shout at my dh though even though i'm cured wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now