Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Why do i get so down?

(4 Posts)
sb9 Mon 29-Jun-09 13:26:22

Ok so i know why i get depressed and down due to past and the trigers that have an affect on me but then why do i get down out of the blue sometimes? I dont understand as for example friday i was fine and then sat i woke up and just felt 'in a mood', low and not wanting to talk much. This is still the same today. So whats going on??

I have been told by mental health i am not depressed as i am up and doing things most days but what happens, why do i do this?

weaselbudge Mon 29-Jun-09 13:53:59

Don't be hard on yourself - it could be anything from weather to thinking too much to hormones. I do find that when I have down days I often am just mooching around - if i'm really busy i don't tend to get down so try to plan new things to do every day. Also avoid too much caffeine and lots of sugar - it is true that they do give you highs and lows.

sb9 Thu 02-Jul-09 13:06:35

I was quite bored that day. Am going to the psychdynamic counsellor tonight so i will mention it but it almost feels like i have depresion caused by particular events so i can track these but then another depression which just comes on if that makes sense. Maybe i have something hormonal going on to. Anyway I could find out if hormones play a part?

Am a bit peed off as just had a write up from my mental health team and its made me cross, they took away my place on a trauma course as they said i didnt warrent it (i have problems after a car accident) and they said they didnt know if any therapy would actually help me as they struggled to get to grips with what is wrong with me. Made me feel lost!

improvingslowly Thu 02-Jul-09 13:39:46

i saw a tv prog on 'mindfulness' for helpig depression - this book (and CD) meant to be good.

The Mindful Way Through Depression: Freeing Yourself from Chronic Unhappiness (includes Guided Meditation Practices CD) (Paperback)
about £13 on amazon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now