Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Please help !!

(14 Posts)
Valiant1 Sun 28-Jun-09 20:21:18

So I am 25 and I feel Angry constantly, like everyone means something against me, I just don't understand I am marrried to a good husband and have three kids and step daugter who lives with us all the time. I am currently doing a level 3 in Teaching Assistant course and am beegining to wonder if I am really in the right job i am so mad at my own kids ... if I went to the dr what do you think he woud say? My mum said try Kalms but they just make me sleep ...constanly which is not good as i have the kids to watch....at least I am not shouting at them , thats a bounus..I guess I just din't know what do do I have had postnatal depression with my first son it was bad and recieved councilling and with y second i managed to snap out of it and never had it with my third. My husband describes me as a Rottadooddle a cross between a poodle and a rottie but i am more rotti lately sorry i am waffeling ...

MummyDragon Sun 28-Jun-09 20:34:19

Hi, you definitely need to go to your GP (pick one you like, if that's possible) and tell them everything that you've written in this post. Would you be amenable to having some counselling again? Is there something going on / has something happened in your life that could have triggered this anger? (you don't have to give details on here if you don't want to!). But please go to your GP and take things from there. Phone first thing tomorrow morning and make an appointment.

Btw, I don't think you're in the wrong job; I think there is a reason for your anger but you need some help to find out what that reason is, and to figure out a way to deal with it.

Valiant1 Sun 28-Jun-09 21:43:35

Thank you hun....i have had a bad life in care from a young age abused thrown from piller to post etc and I am normally so level headed, people ask how i didnt end up a unrully teenager..I wil ring tomorrow and try and get in thankyou.

ErikaMaye Sun 28-Jun-09 22:13:06

I'm sorry you're having a tough time right now, but I would also suggest that you go to the doctors. Feeling angry all the time isn't a good way to be, and it could be for a variation of reasons. From what you've said about your childhood (I'm also sorry to hear about that hugs) its possible that some more councelling could help you get your emotional struggles under control. I've had various therapies for years, and its only now that I'm starting to find it helpful - it does take time.

I hope they can see you soon, in the mean time, do carry on posting on here if you ever need to talk.

Valiant1 Mon 29-Jun-09 08:52:36

I have rangthe doctors they put me on trearge (she will ring me back). I will be on later i'm on my own with the little ones today. Is it true they can pick up on how I feel and act up?

ErikaMaye Mon 29-Jun-09 10:21:27

I hope they've called you back by now, and if not, that they do soon. Nothing worse than waiting for a call - the hours seem so much longer.

Children are very perseptive, so its possible. Try not to get too annoyed with them or with yourself.

How are you feeling today? x

MummyDragon Mon 29-Jun-09 17:15:02

Hi Valiant, have you heard back from the doctor today? How did you get on?

Yes, children can pick up on our moods/feelings but don't get hung up on this as it will become a self-fulfilling prophesy if you see what I mean... Concentrate on getting yourself sorted out and happiness for all of you will follow.

How are you feeling today? Is there anything else you would like to ask on MN?

Valiant1 Tue 30-Jun-09 14:08:34

Hi I saw the Dr yesterday she says she wants me to think about where i want to go she sudjested Trippple P a positve parenting thing as she recons it is the kids miss behaving that may be getting me down and then the spirel goes on. I feel ok today talked to my hubby and he says he didn't realise how bad i felt just thought it was pmt hmm???? He says he will do the tripple p and see how we go i am also gona try yoga or swimming take time for myself. does that make sence?

ErikaMaye Wed 01-Jul-09 10:05:35

Yoga is brilliant, I'd definately back that idea Its good for you, and it gives you some peace from everything going on. I used to do it and meditation at my physc. unit, and though I was totally sceptical at first, I carried it on right until recently

I'm glad that your DH is being supportive now that he understands how bad you're feeling. That's a really big help. I hope that the course helps, as I'm sure she's quite right.

Valiant1 Wed 01-Jul-09 20:46:06

i feel a lot better to day hubby helping kids sort of behaving. thank you all for helpping me ..

ErikaMaye Wed 01-Jul-09 22:22:46

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better today I hope your mood continues to improve.

ErikaMaye Fri 03-Jul-09 19:19:43

Heya, how are things going?

Valiant1 Tue 07-Jul-09 21:41:10

Hi sorry been so busy, I am ok the Dr has put me on Esclopram am gona start them tomorrow and says it is anxiity sorry about the spelling. and shas advised me to do some cocnative theropy so will try that too, thankyou all so much and would love to know what cognative therapy is ?

ErikaMaye Tue 07-Jul-09 22:01:38

What type of cognetive therapy? I had CBT and found that useful. First thing I'd say is go in with an open mind. What most cognetive therapies do is teach you how to alter your thought pattern into a more benifical manner. I really hope it helps you, though, just like medication, it does take time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now