Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

To all Antidepressants give you a foggy / numb head?

(9 Posts)
SM13 Sun 28-Jun-09 14:53:17

Hello

Have been on mirtazapine for 4 months which didn't agree and am due to start Dosulepin tonight - ahh shock.

Do all antidepressants give your brain that numb / foggy feeling / can't think straight (not dizzy but a bit out of it)! I'm sure you have a better description! I seem to fight it thinking its just me.

I have a fuzzy head which Dr says is anxiety and think that the ones I have been on make it worse!

Can't take citalopram and Dr says probably all SSRI's will have same reaction for me.

Thank You for your time.

giraffescantdancethetango Sun 28-Jun-09 14:56:10

no not at all. i am on this one

sunburntats Sun 28-Jun-09 14:56:42

ahhh yes i remeber this from my citalopram.
Not nice, but apparently it does get better with time. It did for me, but then came back as i weened off them.

SM13 Sun 28-Jun-09 15:09:26

Thank you, think i'm going to have double wammy as having withdrawal from mirtazapine.

Venflaxine - does that help with sleep / anxiety?

garden Thu 09-Jul-09 22:34:57

hi,
i get sleepy on venlafaxine but it works ok for me and the tiredness is just something i manage; i work part-time and try to rest when i can.
get sleepy but doesn't affect driving if you were wondering!

garden Thu 09-Jul-09 22:35:26

hi,
i get sleepy on venlafaxine but it works ok for me and the tiredness is just something i manage; i work part-time and try to rest when i can.

garden Thu 09-Jul-09 22:35:56

hi,

BananaFruitBat Thu 09-Jul-09 22:36:12

Escitalopram = no fuzzy head

BananaFruitBat Thu 09-Jul-09 22:37:42

That was supposed to be Escitalopram.

blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now