Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Grumpy Baby fetting me down

(3 Posts)
MillyM Sun 15-May-05 14:57:21

I feel really bad even posting this but my dd is 4 months old and it literally feels as if she cries or winges non stop, if she is awake and not feeding then she's crying.I'm beginning to feel really down aboutit all, it has got to the stage where all I want to do is sitin as if I take her out she screams and I just can't take the embarrasment any more I'm sickof making excuses for why she is crying to relatives or friends,she can't constantly be tired / hungry/ teething etc. It's got even worse since friends have started to point out my child is always upset - am I just destined to have a grumpy baby?

MarsLady Sun 15-May-05 15:03:51

No you are not destined to have a forever grumpy baby. Some babies don't settle for ages. My friend had a baby that people constantly said was grumpy. Another had a really sunny baby. The grumpy baby became an angelic toddler, the other a bit of a nightmare.

I'm sure people who have had babies that cried more will post soon. I can only tell you what I have seen. My babies, the grumpy ones, didn't/don't cry, but they look at you with withering pity. They hardly crack a smile (but when they do.....)

So, it's completely normal and it will pass. hth

beansprout Sun 15-May-05 15:15:03

It will pass. My 6mo is a very different baby to the newborn I had. And yep, in the mean time it is very, very miserable so please don't give yourself a hard time for finding it difficult. That'll be because it is difficult. Hang on in there and good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now