Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Beat myself up and get sad after...

(2 Posts)
sb9 Mon 22-Jun-09 10:16:35

Hard one to put a title too but does anyone else do this... I have an event that I look forward to, it idealise it and then when its over I feel really depressed that a its over and gone, b that i didnt enjoy it as much as i should and c that it didnt go the way i had planned in my head.

Just had this happen and am driving myself mad thinking did i have a good time? Why didnt i do this or that grrr!!!!!

TakeLovingChances Mon 22-Jun-09 11:03:25

I know what you mean. Quite a few times I have done this.

It's not healthy, but please don't feel like you're the only one who does it.

Do you have a partner, or anyone close to you who could balance your self-doubt?

My DH is a good one for me to bounce my ideas off, he helps me to get up and walk away from that type of sad feeling.

Try not to forward plan too much, just live in the moment, that will help you not idealise things which aren't worth being idealised.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now