Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

DD FRIEND

(6 Posts)
ilovesprouts Thu 18-Jun-09 18:39:36

my dd 16 has a pal whos 18 ,and she lives in a care home ,shes been told to leave nxt week as they only stay there till they are 18,now my dds friend has threatend to top her self ,my dd was walking round whith her all night last night ,her pal has had a lot of trouble whith her fam in the past ,so she was put in care ,the lady at the care home says she can not force her to go to the docs ,my dd is so shock she does not want to leave her tonight any advice please ,as me and dh thinks she needs mental help ,

YommyMommy Thu 18-Jun-09 19:41:12

Hi ILS

Thats a v sad story about your dd friend? SHe is obviously v distressed about having to leave the cae home next week!

I don;t have any experience in wanting to kill myself, but when I was growing up one of my best friends had a very troubled life at home and was constantly threatening to kill herself. 9 times out of 10 it was a cry for help, which I suspect you dd's friend is doing now! Crying out! People who really want to kill themselves generally don;t tell people! It must be very frightning for an 18 year old to be tossed out in the street!

Could you maybe speak to her friend and point her in the direction of some help? Social housing office? I am assuming she can;t turn to her family???

Hope this helps hmm

Weegle Thu 18-Jun-09 19:48:31

I'm fairly sure all young people leaving care have accommodation arranged for them and a liason type person who is responsible for helping them with guidance (job, personal etc) until they are 25. I only know this as a friend is such a person. So, although obviously your DD's friend is upset about the transition etc - she's not (I hope) as alone as this seems...

Sorry not to be of more help.

ilovesprouts Thu 18-Jun-09 21:47:05

not seen dd for a while or her pal, her care home says that they cant help once she gets 18 shock,dd lives at her dads at the mo,but the other night my dd was walking with her pal ,so she did not do anything silly till 2am my dds so tierd bet shes best mates whith this girl ,

ilovesprouts Thu 18-Jun-09 21:48:49

forgot to say my dds pal also cuts her self when shes down shock,shesgot *loads of cuts * on her arms allready

ilovesprouts Fri 19-Jun-09 15:10:43

update on dds friend ,my dd has just told me her pal has been sectioned poor lass, and wants my dd to tell them they is nothing wrong whith her ,but dd wont as she needs help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now