Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

I want my dh to accept some help but he's stubborn

(2 Posts)
Lilliput Wed 11-May-05 21:28:52

My dh is a 'glass half empty' sort of person, he finds it really hard to be positive and I find this really draining. We run our own restaurant where he is the sole chef and therefore works incredibly long hours with only one day off a week. We have two kids, 2.5 and 3 months so life at home can be taxing too. His depession and anxiety seem to go in cycles where life is ok for a few weeks then he slumps. He came home briefly for something to eat before going back to the restaurant today (as usual) and said he has felt like crying all day. We have great kids, a lovely house, no debt and no major money worries and I feel so helpless when he is low. He has had one session with a councellor but I think he was looking for a quick fix so claimed she was a waste of time. His sister also suffers from depression in a similar way and has be taking anti-depressants for a while now, she says she feels a lot better for them. I am exhausted by his state of mind and am finding it increasingly difficult to support him when he won't see the doctor or consider drugs. What can I do?

essbee Wed 11-May-05 21:46:29

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now