Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

anyone know of any good ways to spark my motivation?

(12 Posts)
trinityrocks Wed 11-May-05 18:09:19

I am exhausted nd beggining to want to run and hide from it all, I really don't want to lose it, anyone got any inspirational websites or good routines or motivational stuff to stop me getting caught in the black cloud again

trinityrocks Wed 11-May-05 21:43:21

bump, my bones are achey from no sleep,I don't want to give up, I do love my children, i want to do the best for them

trinityrocks Thu 12-May-05 19:26:57

please

lavenderrr Thu 12-May-05 19:31:48

this sounds really daft but get out there in the fresh air and feel nature on your hands....spend an hour or two outside (forget the websites...do something physical that raises your energy levels...computers can leave you feeling empty sometimes..no?)....there's a gardener Monty Don who is a depressive and has dark clouds and his wife nearly left him "The Jewel Garden" it says this...he goes out and gardens and it lifts it...if you like the outdoors..spending time with nature can be a real lifter of moods (said from someone who can also get incredibly depressed at times) try it, if it doesn't work post again and will try and have another suggestion (know where you are coming from totally and you're not alone btw)...btw whereabouts are you in the country?

lavenderrr Thu 12-May-05 19:35:40

do you get out much btw

frankie26 Thu 12-May-05 20:48:48

agree with lavenderrr you need to get out it helps you and entertains the kids really well, i have two a 10 mths and a 23 mths and i am never in. up in the morning out at 8 back for his sleep and 9.30 and out again by 10am. then back for lunch and sleep and out at 2 for the afternoon. and it doesn't matter what we do walk round the park, local play group, tescos (not to shop just to walk round) we do alsorts and it really helps me.

fionagib Fri 13-May-05 13:19:04

trinity how old are your kids? Do you get much chance to hang out with and talk to other parents especialy (as others have said) outside, instead of being stuck in the house?

I used to often feel the way you describe when my twins were small - making friends with a couple of local women with similar aged children helped me so much.

colette Fri 13-May-05 13:48:59

I agree with the getting out . Even walking helps release endorphins and makes me feel more relaxed after . Is there anyone in a similar situation you can talk to? I feel if I say things out loud they don't usually feel as bad iykwim.
Also look after yourself, eat well and try and find a time in the day when you can have a long bath or read a book or whatever you like.
Good Luck , hope you start to feel a bit better

koalabear Fri 13-May-05 13:52:08

we walk - even if it is raining - we put on wellies, raincoats, hats, a cover on the buggy - and we walk - it helps me think, it helps me prioritise, it helps me remember what is important

exercise also releases endorphins that make you feel good

it's not going to fix everything, but it does give me some breathing space

flum Fri 13-May-05 13:52:24

mmmm.

1. go to a small hill, climb up it, lie on the grouund, look at the sky, breath deeply.

2. Every morning make sure the first thing you do is get showered, dressed in nice clothes (bung out all the minging ones ) even if it means you only have 3 outfits left! Put some make-up on and brush your hair.

I don't think sitting in a house looking at a computer is ever going to make you feel better.

trinityrocks Fri 13-May-05 15:17:28

thankyou soo much, its' weird but sometimes you don't even know what would be a good idea!! going for a walk would help, I'm going to do that now, thanks, I'll be back

flum Fri 13-May-05 17:07:44

not just a walk though, sometimes they can be a downer, if miserable area etc

you really do have to climb a hill.

honest. sorry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now