Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Online CBT?

(6 Posts)
MerlinsBeard Thu 11-Jun-09 13:21:26

Has anyone done this before? GP recommended that i immediately start CBT but the only way to get me in straight away was to do this online course. Have only just got round to looking at it (3 weeks laterhmm)

Is it MoodGym? I have been doing it for a few weeks and would highly recomend it, some of it is a bit cheesy and some of it is very hard work, but I think it's very worth it.

I also finally got my start date for CBT yesterday so fingers crossed that it helps.

MerlinsBeard Thu 11-Jun-09 13:27:49

yes it is moodgym, just registering now

what does CBT do??

It is Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. The idea is that the problems you are experiencing are caused by your thoughts, and so aims to change the way you think, esp. to try and stop negative thought patterns.

The website explains it much better, when you start working through the first actual module I would pick a quiet time when you won't be disturbed, some of it is tough going and you need to concentrate.

Good luck, I would be really interested to see what you think of it.

MerlinsBeard Thu 11-Jun-09 14:57:29

Thanks for that advice. I don't really have a quiet time tbh but will attempt to make some (in between washing/ironing/sorting out the DCs......)

I try and do it at night when the dc's are in bed, I know it's really hard but finding some time in the day for you is one of the things the program will want you to do quite early on, it's incredibly important for your state of mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now