Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Is it true that anti-d's can cause paranoia?

(7 Posts)
sahara Tue 10-May-05 15:52:51

PINKROSES!!!!
was just on another thread and pinkroses mentioned that they cause paranoia.
Is this true?

This last year I have been convinced that I am dying, that the doctors just can't see it. But if this is a side effect of the pills I'm on (escitalopram 30mg) then that would be a real relief to know.

Does anyone know anything about this?

essbee Tue 10-May-05 15:54:12

Message withdrawn

starlover Tue 10-May-05 15:55:25

yes, it certainly can be a side effect of some anti-d's

Most side effects disappear after a few weeks, but seeing as you have had it so long then maybe you should speak to your GP about it. Perhaps you need to try something else?

WigWamBam Tue 10-May-05 16:19:45

Yes, one of the side effects of ads, including Escitalopram, is paranoia.

Have a word with your GP about changing your medication, if you feel it may be making yours worse.

Easy Tue 10-May-05 16:24:50

But paranoia is also a symptom of depression (usually tho' not until the depression has become v. advanced)

If you have been on your ADs for a while it is definately worth mentioning to your GP.

sahara Tue 10-May-05 16:49:19

Thanks everyone will see the gp tommorow. as I just thought I was crazy.

malibustacey Wed 11-May-05 05:44:44

Hi sahara i was put on AD's last year they were called cypramil and the only side effect i had was feelin tired and for the first two weeks a little queezy!! My depression was quite advanced (as advanced as wishin i wasnt here) these really sorted me out, now 6 months on i cant believe i ever felt that bad! Good Luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now