Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

taking cipramil during pregnancy

(3 Posts)
choklit Tue 09-Jun-09 09:03:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ReneRusso Tue 09-Jun-09 17:11:56

my experience: the side effects were mainly dizziness and weird sort of spaced out feeling. These side effects were quite noticeable when I first start taking it and when I was coming off it, but not very noticeable at other times. also perhaps a slight sexual dysfunction, but if you are pregnant and breastfeeding, that will be the least of your worries. I did not take it when pregnant or breastfeeding though, so don't know about that - hopefully someone else can help you.

Sunny33 Mon 13-Jul-09 05:28:13

Hi,

I have been taking Cipramil for about 6 years now for severe anxiety. I took Cipramil through both of my pregnancies and had no side effects and both babies were fine. I was advised by my doctor that if I didn't take the meds that the stress to myself and the baby would just be too severe so was better off on the medication. Cipramil has saved my life could not function before taking it. My advice would be see how you feel if your anxiety and depression is effecting your day to day life I would take it during your pregnancy. I had no trouble.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now