Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

Mental Health Nurse

(3 Posts)
CandyFloss222 Mon 08-Jun-09 17:56:16

I'm going to start training to be a mental health nurse very soon....am very excited, anyone know if its a happy pfofession? any out there? advice for the training or what might help? thanks...

whoopsididitagain Mon 08-Jun-09 18:06:10

good luck i had a lovely cpn

im sure like most jobs it will be equally rewarding and frustrating

Doyouthinktheysaurus Mon 08-Jun-09 18:27:34

I've been qualified for the last 8 years. On the whole I'd say i enjoy it although it is very challenging and the responsibility can be overwhelming at times.

I work in acute with working age adults. There is quite a range of pathways you can take once qualified: forensic, community, older age, adolescent but you will almost certainly need to work in an acute setting first. I've stuck with acute as I've had 2 children since qualifying and I like the flexibility a hospital setting offers.

On the whole it's interesting, varied, every day is different and it's never boring. It's not easy though and there have been times when I have struggled with stress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now