Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.


(3 Posts)
GreatGooglyMoogly Sun 07-Jun-09 07:45:43

I would like to seek counselling but am not sure how to go about it or how much it will cost. Are there different kinds of counsellors? Is it better/ less expensive to get my GP to refer me?

singsong Sun 07-Jun-09 08:40:55

Your GP should be able to refer you for counselling on NHS, there can however be long waiting lists. There are different sorts of counsellors some are general counsellors and some specialise in certain things e.g. history of abuse, rape, alcohol problems, bereavement.
Try looking here to find a counsellor.

GreatGooglyMoogly Sun 07-Jun-09 08:56:14


Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: