Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, see our mental health web guide which can point you to expert advice.

How did you get your life back? Help, advice please before I slip back.

(6 Posts)
ABitStretched Wed 03-Jun-09 16:44:16

ds1 (4) and ds2(2) are at the stage where family are happy to take them for a while and I am starting to find time for myself and I've no idea what to do.
Having the kids relatively close together and with difficult pregnancies then a variety of complications since ds2 was born everything that used to be for / about me has fallen away. I've had depression a number of times and am just coming out the other side of another dark period. How do I ease myself back into being a human being in my own right without overloading myself?

triggerhappybaby Wed 03-Jun-09 18:37:03

Is there anything you've really really always wanted to do but never had the guts/time/confidence to crack on with? Let's say.... I don't know, guitar lessons, drama group, knitting, GCSEs? Anything really that you can challenge yourself to, which will make you feel brave that you took the step and which will subsequently boost your self-esteem?

ABitStretched Wed 03-Jun-09 20:10:11

Cycling, skating, zorbing. would really like to do kite-surfing at the local beach. I need something physical I can totally lose myself in - i do way way way too much thinking which is what brings me down. Might be interested in something musical but felt that i'd left it too late. also struggle to jutify the expense of most things

triggerhappybaby Wed 03-Jun-09 21:36:34

with you on the expense thing, but I see it as more of an investment. Get on the internet, find a local club of whatever flavour you fancy, go along and job done. The first time will be the hardest, then you will have a whole new absorbing part of your life. wink

triggerhappybaby Wed 03-Jun-09 21:37:28

What's zorbing by the way?? Is that the dancing you do in Greek restaurants when you've had a few too many ouzos? grin

ABitStretched Wed 03-Jun-09 22:08:26

Big clear ball that you get in and they throw you down a hill- looks great fun

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now